Morog's Sucky Sceptre

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Morog's Sucky Sceptre
Apprentice
Member # 4160
Profile #0
This guy is supposed to be a Lich. And this is what you do to me??? I was all happy that I had finally defeated one of the stronger creatures in the game and then suddenly im all like...lame...is there a use for this that I am missing?
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #1
It's a decent missile weapon for mages, since you can use it without pumping thrown missiles. Get it uncursed somewhere.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Apprentice
Member # 3191
Profile #2
Just with this scepter, is there anywhere (in a scenario) where you can uncuse items?

I remember back in the earlier Exile games, you'd go to a priest and he'd uncuse the thing (any cursed thing) for a nice lump of money..... but noone seems capable of that in Blades of Avernum.

Oh yeah, I'd reeeally prefer to avoid usingthe Editor (if indeed you can uncuse items in the editor - I havnt checked)... so If someone could point out a place in any scenario where I could get cursed items uncursed, I'd really appreciate it =)
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #3
There are healers like that in BoA, they just work differently. You need to say something like "I need healing. (Pay 150 coins.)" Then you will be asked to select the character with the cursed item(s). Hamer in Sweetgrove in Valley of Dying Things can do that.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
There's also a priest who can do it in Fort Cavalier. But you don't need to uncurse the scepter to have it be very useful.

—Alorael, who was very happy to turn one of his spellcasters into a steady source of ranged damage. No, it's not another spell per round, but it's enough to make serious holes in most enemies.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
There's also a priest who can do it in Fort Cavalier. But you don't need to uncurse the scepter to have it be very useful.

—Alorael, who was very happy to turn one of his spellcasters into a steady source of ranged damage. No, it's not another spell per round, but it's enough to make serious holes in most enemies.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #6
I think it is worth it to build a character around this item, what I've been trying to do. This thing is the strongest missile weapon in the game, and it has infinite shots. More power than a Blessed Javalin, and as many shots as a blessed sling? What's not to like?

So, yea. Been trying to get a better response to this...

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000647
Apprentice
Member # 3191
Profile #7
Aah, I see.

Thanks for the help. I didnt realise that healing included uncursing items. I assume any priest that you can talk into healing you will uncurse it yes?