Greaves

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Greaves
Warrior
Member # 720
Profile #0
I noticed, poking through the item graphics file, that there are graphics for leather and metal greaves. Is there a new item type called "Greaves" or, if the graphics were to be used, is it implied that they would be an alternative to Pants?

[ Thursday, April 01, 2004 07:35: Message edited by: Daravon ]

--------------------
-Daravon
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
If only the graphics are supplied, you can decide which equipment slot they go with, although there is no new "greaves" space. You could make them pants or boots, or even a helm if you were so inclined.

—Alorael, who presumes this is some effort to get people to produce more impressive items than the ever-present Pants of Power.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #2
"Alorael, who presumes this is some effort to get people to produce more impressive items than the ever-present Pants of Power."

Bah... Gimme the game, I'll give you impressive items.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 720
Profile #3
My only thought is that they would probably go in the Pants slot (if you were so inclined) but I wasn't sure as greaves are worn on top of pants/padding.

--------------------
-Daravon
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #4
WTF are greaves :confused:
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #5
Greaves are pieces of armor worn on the lower legs, if I recall correctly. And if you can have greaves, why can't you have pauldrons? *sulks*

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Apprentice
Member # 3988
Profile #6
I looked up greaves in the dictionary and it gave a totally unrelated definition (something to do with animal fat) but the definition for greave is leg armor worn below the knee, and the word isusually used in the plural.
Apprentice
Member # 3988
Profile #7
I looked up greaves in the dictionary and it gave a totally unrelated definition (something to do with animal fat) but the definition for greave is leg armor worn below the knee, and the word isusually used in the plural.
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #8
I don't know about animal fat, but there were greaves in the game Heroes of Might and Magic 3. They were made of dragonbone.
Warrior
Member # 720
Profile #9
Interestingly, in Heroes III, the Dragonbone Greaves are worn in the stead of boots or shoes (as there is no pants slot in HoMM3).

--------------------
-Daravon