What is the exact effect of Special Skills?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What is the exact effect of Special Skills?
Apprentice
Member # 8410
Profile #0
Ok, so I know how to get the special skills and what they do and so on.
What I want to know is, what the exact effect of Blademaster is compared to pole, melee, strength and dex. Most other skills are descriped by percentages; def gives 5% less chance to get hit, pole gives 5% more chance to hit and gives more damage depending on the weapon.

Does anyone know the calculations for special skills do you just have to play it by ear?

Thanks

ps. A thing I've always really liked about Avernum is that you get all (most of them) the numbers given to you: Like Magic Resistance is LCK + MAG/2 + DEX/4.
This way you know what's smart to do with your points.

[ Sunday, October 07, 2007 02:44: Message edited by: Lokiron ]

--------------------
A blunt object suddenly crashing into your skull saves you the trouble of falling asleep.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Traits and skills summation reposted is the best that I've seen on the subject. There might be an earlier one.

There is also one for quick strike and magical efficiency here.

Some of the effects are only a chance of improvement and don't happen every time.
Apprentice
Member # 8410
Profile #2
Thanks. That answered a part of my question.

--------------------
A blunt object suddenly crashing into your skull saves you the trouble of falling asleep.