Starting/Early Scenarios?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Starting/Early Scenarios?
Apprentice
Member # 9449
Profile #0
Hey all,

I registered BoA last night and received my code today. I promptly pulled my party out of the demo campaign (levels 4/4/4/5) and decided to start with Perfect Forest, as it is the best-reviewed starting campaign.

What other campaigns for low (1-20) level characters are particularly good? I'd like to download some more scenarios, but there are so many to choose from that I don't know where to begin. After finishing Perfect Forest, what other scenarios should I try out?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
I'm assuming you've played the three scenarios that come with the full version? Because if you decided to skip them, you're missing out on something - especially A Small Rebellion.

Besides, after you finish DwtD, your party will be ready for high-level challenges like Bahssikava or Canopy (both masterpieces).

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #2
After APF you could try Lord Putidus. After which you should be a high enough level to start TM's low level scenarios like Emerald Mountain or Mad Ambition, or one of Ephesos' earlier level scenarios like Shades of Gray or Embers of Rebellion. Roses of Reckoning, Babysitting, Settlers, The Empire's New Grove, and Witch Hunt are all level 1 scenarios as well. They're all quite short, but if you find TM or Eph's stuff to be too hard you can beef up there.

Of course if you play through the 4 prepackaged scenarios you'll be able to play just about any scenario. Za-Khazi sucks, but as Aran noted ASR is quite good. Or you could just forget about party advancement and play Frostbite. :P

--------------------
"Heart of Earth located in Europe, Ass of Earth located in USA."

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Oh, I don't know. I had fun playing ZKR, but I realize the style may not appeal to everyone. I normally like more plot and more time for exploration too, but "suck" is a strong term compared to some scenarios out there.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Warrior
Member # 5310
Profile #4
Why does everybody like ASR so much?
ZKR is much better.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #5
Also realize that you can use Kelandon's High Level Party Maker to level up a new party to whatever level you want (find it here). In fact, I rarely 'beef up' in scenarios, as Lazarus put it. I use the HLPM unless I'm playing some sort of series.

--------------------
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.
- Steven Wright
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #6
Of course, Dintiradan left out the fact that "Beefing up" involves acquiring the specialized artifacts and custom items that can be found in each scenario.

Fortunately, if you feel like taking the shortcut and using the High Level Party Maker, there is the Artifacts hall.
Both of these scenarios can be found at the Scenario Database, along with every other known playable BoA scenario ever made.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
Imban started a singleton experiment that he recorded here. This can give you an idea for playing order. It is out of date with all the newer scenarios.

When is this getting updated?
Apprentice
Member # 9449
Profile #8
Thanks for the advice.

Call me old fashioned, but I'll stick to "beefing up" legitimately. Half the fun is working your way up from nothing.

I'm already hitting 7 in the first area of A Perfect Forest, so I think I'll be ready to take on a level 10-ish scenario by the time I'm done. I've got a good idea of what other scenarios to check out now; thanks!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by solistus:

Call me old fashioned, but I'll stick to "beefing up" legitimately. Half the fun is working your way up from nothing.
w00t. Good to see there's still a few of us out there. min/maxing = not fun.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Apprentice
Member # 9449
Profile #10
I have to admit, I did create an 'uber' party of Ninjas to mess around with. My main party is going to be editor-free, though. I want to make it as powerful as I can without using the editor or lame scenarios that give you lots of stuff for little or no work. It's my first main party, so I went with the basic fighter-archer-mage-priest party.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Lenar:

I would recommend against taking an experienced party into Lord Puditus, on the grounds that Kel's inventive scripting promptly permanently strips all of your spellcasing capabilities.
No. After a few of the initial complaints, I released an update that gives the skills back again in the end. Still, you're supposed to play the scen with a default party.

And it's Putidus.
quote:
Originally written by solistus:

Bear in mind that some scenarios that are designed for HLPM parties.

[ Thursday, August 02, 2007 20:33: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #12
Ouch. On both counts.
I guess I still have the outdated version :P .
My Apologies.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin really thinks that I deserve to take the blame for that Porche incident.
I don't see why he keeps saying that. It was the neighbor's kid messing around with his paintball gun. I watched it happen.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #13
*bump* To preserve material