Beta call, Night at the Sol Tavern Inn

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Beta call, Night at the Sol Tavern Inn
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #0
Scenario was designed for levels 7-10, but since this is my first scenario, I'm not sure if it will be too easy or too difficult.

I need help learning how to send this scenario out, how to convert everything to work on a Mac, and I really need someone to handle distribution for me, because, as of tomorrow, I will be on vacation for a week without access to my computer.

I'd like a tester with a good grasp of english language mechanics because grammar is my Achilles heal.

Otherwise I just need general advice on balancing issues and whether or not to release the scenario.

It's short, so I wont need many testers.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #1
I can beta-test if you need me (dintiradan AT yahoo DOT ca; Vista). I may not get to playing the scenario itself tonight, but I'll be able to run the scripts through astring and check for spelling/grammar with Word.

Can't help with the Mac conversion (Though I may know someone who can. :P ). If blades.nethergate.net can't do the usual hosting, I suppose I can throw something up on my Freewebs... that's suboptimal, though.

--------------------
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included - so I had to buy them again.
- Steven Wright

[ Tuesday, July 10, 2007 13:05: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #2
I would be happy to help test, and I could provide the Macintosh resource file. My email is niemandcw (at) gmail (dot) com, and my computer system is Mac OS 10.4.9.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #3
I'd love to help. I'm 10.4.8 Mac. My email is ( the fractal man at gmail dot com ) Remove all spaces, parentheses, replace the at and dot with symbols.

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!

The Mystic: "Vista is a rather funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #4
m c l e o d 9 8 9 @ yahoo.com (No spaces)
Windows XP

I'm pretty bad at spell checking-- I just don't have that attention to detail. But I can give general advice, and I can tell you right now my answer to your release or not to release question: Release it.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
I would be happy to test if someone could send me the Mac version (I've got OS 10.3.9). Send the file to randfx at earthlink dot net ( remove the extra spaces and replace at and dot with @ and.).
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #6
Since I'm going to be gone for a week, if you guys could forward my scenario along with my email address J e t G u i t a r i s t 8 9 AT aol dot com (no spaces, yada yada yada) that'd be great. I also need the scenario converted to Mac format, so help there would be great.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #7
I made a mac cmg file and sent copies of the scenario with it, and it in file by itself (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that things won't go wrong, after all.) to Fractal, Randomizer, and Enraged Slith. Fractal, I'm not entirely sure that I got you're address right, so if you don't receive it, just email me and I'll send it again.

EDIT: I thought I was being paranoid. Now Randomizer's spam filtering; that's paranoid. :P

[ Tuesday, July 10, 2007 17:52: Message edited by: Niemand ]

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
If you had seen all the spam I was getting before they upgraded the spam blocker, you would understand. Considering that I hadn't given that address out until this week, I was getting over 100 pieces a month in pure spam for over a year. Now it's down to under 10 a month. Now if only Yahoo would upgrade there spam blocker.

I put you on the allowed list so the attachment should go through.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #9
I got all the spelling problems Word could find last night (except for the intentional ones, there weren't many at all). I'll try remember to send out the changed files this evening.

--------------------
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
- Steven Wright