Rats Aplenty: passing the gates ... how?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Rats Aplenty: passing the gates ... how?
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #0
How can I pass through the four portcullises where the four statues are? There was a message dialogue, saying: «..statues ...four of them ...bla bla .. ancient helmet ...bla ...portcullises ... Only one of them is open.»
But none of them is open!

There is also an eternal rat that appears in the middle of the floor - when I kill it, immediately another rat appears (... a bug?)
Also disappeared the bridge to the portcullises when I came close to that place for the first time - I had to re-enter the cave.

:( and now? How can I proceed through the gates? Maybe I have to jump in that pit first?

--------------------
* add anything meaningful here
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #1
There's a walkthrough in the scenario folder.

Anyways, about the statues: You need four ancient pieces of armor, one for each statue. They can be found at different places in the lost city. Place the items in front of the statues (they have to be in a specific order), and the portcullises will open.

As for the "eternal rat", I believe you're referring to the curious rat. It mirrors your first character's movements, and was supposed to disappear right after you made it walk onto the rune on the opposite side of the chasm. The fact that you're already at the portcullises, and the rat keeps reappearing, seems to suggest a bug.
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #2
Oh, yes! slaps forehead I figured it out now; but thanks anyway for your hint, Redstart. I had tried it before with the items - but obviously had dropped them at the wrong places ...
And - oh well - there is a walkthrough! I merely read the Read-me file; dumbfounded me =_=

Though ... jumping in the pit was funny ^__^

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
There is also an eternal rat that appears in the middle of the floor - when I kill it, immediately another rat appears (... a bug?)
Also disappeared the bridge to the portcullises when I came close to that place for the first time - I had to re-enter the cave.
*Blink. Blink* So someone prevented you from proceeding by removing a bridge and you thought they'd put it back if you went away for a while? Silly me for not thinking about that. Re-entering the Lost City will no longer make the bridge reappear. (At least it won't in the version I have on my site.)

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #4
But it worked! I re-entered LC and the bridge was there, not disappearing again.
I merely had to kill two or three eternal rats, each time I walked over the bridge. Those buggers didn't stop breeding.

Actually, if the rat-you-cannot-stop is a bug - it's a very fitting one (Who will survive mankind? Rats, arthropods and bacteria ...).

Thanks for this ingenious plot with all these hilarious NP characters.
Fine craft BoArt.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Meter Maid:

Actually, if the rat-you-cannot-stop is a bug - it's a very fitting one (Who will survive mankind? Rats, arthropods and bacteria ...).
It's not a bug, exactly. It's a puzzle. The fact that you got across without solving the puzzle is the bug.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #6
OH wow! Thank you, Thuryl, now I solved the puzzle with a new party. How cute! Though I didn't like to kill the cute rat :(

--------------------