Scripting

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Scripting
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #25
Tiny Alien Beasts? I only remember Alien Beasts from the original BoE VoDT, and that they were nearly impossible to kill, and there were masses of them.

--------------------
Behind, the sea of time and space roars and follows swiftly
Warrior
Member # 1460
Profile #26
Can we make new creatures, or are we stuck with the ones already in the game?

--------------------
If you don't drink milk from your mother, why drink it from a cow?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #27
You can create new creatures.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

You can create new creatures.
Waahooooo! I suppose you can make custom items too?

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #29
Considering that you could do that in BoE, yes, you can very much be creating new items in BoA. Use common sense, kthxbai.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #30
There's another problem: Slings.
I'd like to make a scenario in which I would include sling based weapons (Well, i could make modern firearms if i had sling-like weapons, I'd just use diffrent graphics for slings and rocks).
Would that be possible?? Or more importantly, will Mr Vogel do it?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #31
Slings may appear again. They weren't in Exile, but they were in BoE. Nethergate had slings, so it can't require much programming.

You can make custom graphics for items, but not for the missiles. Rocks look something like bullets anyway.

—Alorael, who doesn't think it would be too hard to make a new misile weapon even without slings. Just give a throwing weapon the "returning" ability (if you can), change the graphic, and voila.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 60
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Istara:

Tiny Alien Beasts? I only remember Alien Beasts from the original BoE VoDT, and that they were nearly impossible to kill, and there were masses of them.
What'd you do, take a lvl 5 party down there? I think my party was around lvl 12-16, reasonably equipped (with only that scenario's stuff), and not hacked/cheated (if you can even do that in BoE[it's been a while]), and I had very little trouble at all. The high frequency was annoying, but not overwhelming.

--------------------
"Insanity is okay, but stupidity is inexcusable." -Kenda Nicole Brand

Jacob say, "Man who smoke pot, choke on handle." -Jacob Doran
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #33
A real challenge would be E3 alien beasts down there, as I have already said. You can look at BoE for an idea of what will definately be possible.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #34
yet another problem (yes, im very good at making them): will there be an option that certian items alter unarmed damage (bare fists)? See, i want to make a firearm with a mounted dagger(dunno what you call those in english) so it would be used sorta like a melee and a ranged weapon at the same time... i just hope that made sense...

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #35
It's called a bayonet.

As for how you'd implement it, hmm. Not sure if this will be possible, but you might be able to make a ranged weapon that can be turned into a melee weapon and back by using it. Or maybe a melee weapon that can be used to fire a projectile?

[ Monday, December 22, 2003 17:17: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #36
The easy solution is just to make two weapons, one ranged and one melee. Call them gun and bayonet. You could even run a recurring script to check that no character is using one without the other, although most guns can be used without bayonets and one could theoretically use a bayonet alone as an awkward knife.

—Alorael, who would otherwise advise a recurring script checking that if one is wielded, so is the other. Annoying, but it will probably work.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by PantherShadow:

quote:
Originally written by Istara:

What'd you do, take a lvl 5 party down there? I think my party was around lvl 12-16, reasonably equipped (with only that scenario's stuff), and not hacked/cheated (if you can even do that in BoE[it's been a while]), and I had very little trouble at all. The high frequency was annoying, but not overwhelming.

I forget, but I was (am?) arguably the world's worst, lamest, weakest RPG fighter. I like to think I am getting better, but... ;)

--------------------
Behind, the sea of time and space roars and follows swiftly
Apprentice
Member # 3809
Profile #38
i have faith in what Jeff gives us to work with even if it is a little off based.

--------------------
Hold fast young one, there is danger all about. He who holds the light of himself within will never shed light on anything, especially the evil minions that roam freely about at night.

Pages