What's your opinion...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What's your opinion...
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #50
Interesting analogy, but I'd contest it on the grounds that somebody's "life" is intricately tied both to the person living it and to the world around them, whereas a "scenario" is 99% the same regardless of the person playing it, and is by definition the world they are put into. Encounters might feel different depending on PC skill sets, certain situations might go differently based on stats or player choices, but these effects are exceedingly few and very small, compared to the way you affect your life.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #51
I couldn't think of any other combination that would be better suited for that analogy. Besides, I came up with that on the fly.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #52
I think that's wrong, Slarty. Any game is based more on the person playing it rather than the game itself. For example, it would seem in this thread that I played an entirely different game from everyone else, when it was, in fact, the same one. This would also explain why so few people play Avernum to begin with. The people on these boards think differently, they emerge themselves in the world where most people can not see beyond the bad graphics. How can you, someone who plays Avernum, say that a scenario is 99% the same for everyone?

--------------------
You lose.

Pages