And yet again a graphics problem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: And yet again a graphics problem
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
First it all worked fine, but since i added another three graphics, all floor graphics are white at the edges, making a sort of white grid, and also some wall graphics suddenly appear with these irritating black lines of the blacklined box enclosing the graphics. I'v tried quite some things to get the black lines away, but it doesn't seem to help i have now about 26 graphics. All terrain graphics work fine. What can be the problem?

I forgot to mention that I'm working (testing actually) on a mac, but designing on a PC, as my mac can't work yet with the 3Deditor. On the PC it all looks fine, except certain florr graphics, that appear with a thing black line at the edges.

[ Wednesday, December 21, 2005 23:09: Message edited by: Thralni, chicken god prophet ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #1
It almost certainly has to do with the positioning of the graphics. About 80% to 95% of problems of this nature have been due to positioning. Ensure that the graphics start at the upper left hand corner.

It could be the graphics themselves though. Remember, the icons for terrain and floors are 46x55 pixels. (48x57 pixels with the 1 pixel border around them.)

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #2
i tried shifting them a few times, but it didn't help. i look at the graphics themselves, then.

Here is another problem i encounter since I started with custom graphics: BoA can't find certain graphics, although they are definde in the data textfile and the graphics are in the correct place in the .cmg file. The exact error message is: ERROR when opening graphic so-and-so: the editor (Why the editor? its the game I'm bussy with!) Can't find graphic so-and-so. Memory might be to low, but you probably didn;t place the graphic in the right place (or something lik that). The code os the data file is listed below.

// FLOOR TYPES

begindefinefloor 135;
import = 95;
fl_name = "Cracked Floor";
fl_which_sheet = 515;
fl_which_icon = 2;
fl_ed_which_sheet = 504;
fl_ed_which_icon = 44;
fl_is_floor = 1;
begindefinefloor 136;
fl_name = "Slimy Floor";
fl_which_icon = 3;
fl_ed_which_icon = 45;
fl_step_sound = 55;
fl_blocked = 1;
begindefinefloor 137;
fl_name = "Slimy Cave Floor";
fl_which_sheet = 515;
fl_which_icon = 5;
fl_ed_which_sheet = 504;
fl_ed_which_icon = 46;
fl_out_fight_town_used = 1006;
fl_step_sound = 55;
fl_blocked = 0;
fl_special_property = 5;
fl_special_strength = 18;

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #3
quote:
Originally Written by Thralni, chicken god prophet:
i tried shifting them a few times, but it didn't help. i look at the graphics themselves, then.

By positioning, I wasn't referring to the offsets, I meant the actual placement in the *.bmp or *.pict file itself.

quote:
Originally Written by Thralni, chicken god prophet:
The exact error message is: ERROR when opening graphic so-and-so: the editor (Why the editor? its the game I'm bussy with!) Can't find graphic so-and-so. Memory might be to low, but you probably didn;t place the graphic in the right place (or something lik that).

The only suggestion I can make is: double check your numbers. It's something that I missed often enough, and I check my code every time a make a change.

While it is probably intentional, I notice that fl_ed_which_icon = number; has 44, 45 and 46, whilst fl_which_icon = number; has 2, 3 and 5. Should it have been 4?

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but without actually seeing the layout of the graphics, I can't help you to any large degree.

--------------------
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
Here is a link to the graphic I'm talking about.

the graphic

What you said about that 5 that should maybe be 4, that's allright. The problem is mainly with "sheet 515, icon 3," as the game said it. So this is sheet 515, icon 3 you can find yourself.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #5
The problem doesn't seem to be with your code. A barebones scenario with just your code and that *.bmp worked prefectly for me. (I changed 504 to 680, since you didn't supply G504.bmp though. Unlikely to matter really.)

You said it was the Mac version giving you problems, but that you had everything in the *.cmg in the correct place? You'll need to ask a Mac user if you want someone else to double check that.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #6
Oh, okay. thanks for the help anyway. i think though, that you are right about the floors appearing with a starnge white line around them, and that there's indeed some kinf of problem with the format of the graphics. However, I'm to tired to look at that now.

If there's a mac user here who is willing to help me, please! i really need your help. This problem has been haunting me for about five months.

[ Friday, December 23, 2005 07:32: Message edited by: Thralni, chicken god prophet ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #7
I know this is a double post, i did it on purpose. I just want somebody to quickly look at the graphics. Its driving me nuts. If it wouldn't work, i really have a problem here. i really need that floor graphics. So I'll ask again: is there somebody who is willing to look at it (somebody with a Mac)

EDIT: I sent an email to jeff, as I didn't have any hope anymore somebody here would help me out. the one that did try to help me (Cpeters, ef), thanks.

[ Monday, December 26, 2005 23:53: Message edited by: Thralni, chicken god prophet ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!