bug? typo?....heck I don't know what this is...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: bug? typo?....heck I don't know what this is...
Apprentice
Member # 3920
Profile Homepage #0
Ya, I'm clueless. I just decided to stress out the editor and force it to make me a scenario at maximum outdoor sections. Unfortunatly, for some odd reason, the editor ONLY allows for 10x10, as opposed to 100x100 like the description for the width/height says it may be. (Saying that width multiplied by height must equal something between 1 & 100.)

Is this on purpose? Perhaps that text was left over from BoE--hence a typo. Or maybe the intent of maximum map size was changed halfway through programming thought (I do that sometimes ^_^). Any ideas on this one?

Though I doubt many (if any) of us will use a map bigger than 10x10, I would like to at least see the option of true 100x100 :D . **shudders at at walking that world**

I made a game that is nothing but a large island with a little bit of crap here and there. This game was made at 10x10, and I was not aware--at that time--that it would be as big as I could get. I will most likely never go back to that scenario, since the island is rediculously linear in shape--looking more like something one would loogie on the wall, wrather than a natural island. It took me 3 days, avernum time, to walk from one side to the other (straight line) w/o horses and with no resting. I imagine it would be quite a while to walk from "south" to "north" (or vice verssa) on a 100x100....heck, a 50x50 (which is supposedly the biggest REASONABLE size, as said in the text) would be bad enough.

I thought I'd just ask if anyone is having this problem since I can't seem to find anyone else talking about it.

--------------------
"I am not stubborn, your just stupid."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Um, 100 multiplied by 100 is 10,000, which is more than 100. So the statement about width multiplied by height not being able to be greater than 100 is actually correct as it is. :P

You can have an outdoors with dimensions of, say, 20x5 or even 50x2 if you want, although I'm not sure why you'd want to.

[ Thursday, September 22, 2005 15:25: Message edited by: Flagellation ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #2
Unless ypu wanted to make a long tunnel from Avernum to another underground cave.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
It could be like ZKR, only almost seven times as long!

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5274
Profile #4
[QUOTE]It could be like ZKR, only almost seven times as long![ QUOTE]

Hahahaha

No.

I'm going to take a step back and wait while you back the train out of crazytown.

Kelandon you deserve to be shot in the face for the mere mention of the possibility of a ZKH remake even as part of a joke.
Es ist verboten!

[ Friday, September 23, 2005 00:15: Message edited by: Poit ]

--------------------
I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me
Apprentice
Member # 3920
Profile Homepage #5
:eek: Wow...I don't think I have ever been this scared of Kelandon before...EVER....though I'll admit I've never actually been scared of him o_O..

The mere THOUGHT of another ZKR...around 7 times as long/large...well...I'm with Poit; no way could something like that NOT be Unholy. There couldn't possibly be someone THAT bored...could there?

**shudders**

And thanks for the responses btw. I believe that I will just stick with my 10x10 world...since I hate odd/obtuse shapes ^_^. (Though...a giant "tube world" might be interesting if your creating The Ring World...hmm...***writes idea down**)

--------------------
"I am not stubborn, your just stupid."