Coming Soon - Blades of Avernum

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Coming Soon - Blades of Avernum
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #0
Blades of Avernum
A Fantasy Role-Playing Adventure for Macintosh and Windows

Get ready for unlimited adventures. Prepare for tales of sword and sorcery in a world at war. One one side, the mighty empire that controls all known lands. On the other, determined rebels hiding in caverns far underground. Pick up a blade, take on cunning foes, and, when victory is yours, go online and download more free adventures. Or use a powerful editor to make quests of your own!

Spiderweb Software announces the upcoming release of Blades of Avernum, their upcoming fantasy role-playing system for Windows and Macintosh. Blades of Avernum comes with several large, exciting adventures:

In A Small Rebellion, you are sent to infiltrate and destroy a band of rebels against the Empire. The question: will you fight them, or join them? In The Valley of Dying Things, you delve deep into an enormous, abandoned school of magic, looking for the secret to a deadly plague.

In The Za-Khazi Run, you rocket down a subterranean river, racing against time to reinforce a besieged fort. First, though, you must outwit the many powerful, bizarre creatures living along the route. And in Diplomacy With the Dead, you have to help a remote city deal with the powerful vampire who lives just outside town. This turns out to be much more complicated than it sounds.

And, when you have won these adventures, the promise of more free fun on the net means that your journey need never end. Anyone can use Blades of Avernum's editor to make fascinating adventures with cunning characters. Deal with monsters that work together and send out patrols to hunt you. Fight deadly bosses that summon aid, flee when they're outmatched, and surprise you with all sorts of nasty tricks.

Blades of Avernum is limited only by the imagination of the designers. It will be the nastiest and most clever adventure makers versus you. And you aren't going to let them win.

Are you?

Blades of Avernum will be available for Windows and Macintosh in early 2004. It will be $25, or $32 with a hint book. The scenario editor comes free with the game. Screenshots and more information are available at

http://www.spidweb.com/avernum/blades/index.html

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
Great. Apparently this means it's closer than we think ;) . I can't wait (literally... give it to me now).

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #2
Can we pre-order right now?

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #3
Is this not just a reprint of the page (with pictures!) we saw last week or so? :P
Shock Trooper
Member # 1902
Profile Homepage #4
I was wondering if we can Pre-Order it around Christmas, now that would be cool :P

--------------------
--Axerax the Dragon Tamer--
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #5
Should I buy the hint book? I haven't for any other games (I can't resist that kind of temptation) but I'm wondering if the hintbook for BoA would have some useful tips for creating a good scenario. Just wondering...

--------------------
I hate signatures.
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #6
Hmm... it's going to be interesting getting used to the inventory being on the left for once.

Kinda funny to read the "stuff that won't make it" section. :D
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #7
Why? You find sloth and utter disdain for one's customers funny?

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
At least we know what to expect this time.

Oh, and I hope you realise that talking like this means you're going to have a lot of explaining to do if you don't finish Pyg... October 7th has come and gone.

[ Friday, October 10, 2003 00:42: Message edited by: Onan the Barbarian ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #9
The expectations page is horribly outdated, and you can't take anything on that page at face value.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #10
G'ah, why has Jeff bothered to port VoDT and Zakhazi?

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #11
Drakey: I should really hope not. If we CAN expect that to be accurate, Jeff is apparently still laboring under the delusion that it's the responsibility of the designer to accomodate every possible playing style.

Earth to Vogel: It's called a tactical challenge. Because the ABYSMAL capabilities of YOUR node editor, it's the ONLY significantly entertaining sort of challenge in BoE. Look it up, would you?

I think the word 'disdain' is entirely wrong: it's not that Jeff is apathetic, it's that he's genuinely ignorant to BoE, and arrogant enough to assume that things are exactly the same now as they were when he left off.

[ Friday, October 10, 2003 13:57: Message edited by: Ultimate Weapon Custer ]

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Shock Trooper
Member # 631
Profile Homepage #12
Aaaaah its backwards! ...sorry that scared me. I guess ill have to get used to it.

--------------------
jesus saves, all others take full damage
Posts: 329 | Registered: Wednesday, February 13 2002 08:00