Item passive ability 87

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Item passive ability 87
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #0
Does this passive ability actually work?

87 - Does damage to person hitting wearer with a melee attack. Does amount of damage up to
ability strength.

Or do I have to set a very high value for it to see it work.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
It does work, but there are a handful of caveats.

The damage done seems to depend on the damage received by the party member; that is, if a creature does 40 damage to me, I can't do more than 40 damage back to it.It only applies to melee combat.The damage done appears to be magic damage, meaning that if you're fighting a magic resistant creature, the damage will be reduced (although I'm not 100% sure of this).For reasons I can't entirely ascertain, the damage also varies wildly based on other statistics, possibly including the relative levels of the PCs and the monsters.But yes, I have gotten it to work with an excessively high amount of the ability (it_ability_str_1 = 100).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
So basically, it's a magic damage-based attack that can deal no more than what the damage you received and the damage you can deal back in return dictate.
(There's a few of those items in Canopy if you want to try one out...)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #3
Meaing its just Martyrs shield. But at strength 10 I can't seem to affect anything hiting me, oh well thanks for the info anyway.