making items

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: making items
Apprentice
Member # 5081
Profile #0
ive looked around all the documents and around the editor and there was even some talk about doing it making items. I wonder how because i have no clue any info = good
Warrior
Member # 4987
Profile Homepage #1
Ok, first off, that made absolutely NO sense. Learn correct grammar. Second off, go to the link part of SpiderWeb's page, go to the BOA center, download the Item Editor...

OR

If you want to LEARN how to make items, go to the editor's folder, open the file called BOA editor docs, and go down to the part about custom items. This involves scripting, which if you haven't done any yet, you need to read the entire file before you can do crap...

[ Tuesday, October 12, 2004 16:25: Message edited by: You get NOTHING ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #2
Hey there-
Welcome to the boards-
Decent screen name, You play that game much?
Oh and don't take the criticism too hard, if you look at peoples registration dates it will let you know if you really should listen to them. Grammar and spelling are nice, but it really is the content that counts
------Good Luck and "Leave your sanity at the door"
All this on the condition that I am not making an absolute fool of myself by welcoming someone into their second, third, or ifinith account. :)

[ Tuesday, October 12, 2004 16:30: Message edited by: m's devotee ]

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #3
Though spelling and grammar sure would have helped, the idea is somewhat fractured.

Are you saying that you saw a mention of the BoA Editor being able to edit items? As previously stated, you need to script in a custom item. You don't necessarily have to read all of the editor documentation, but pay close attention to the information on formatting your custom objects script.

I suggest learning at least the basics of manually creating custom items before you use the utility.

Welcome, I hope this is not going to be your last post.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by You get NOTHING:

Ok, first off, that made absolutely NO sense. Learn correct grammar. Second off, go to the link part of SpiderWeb's page, go to the BOA center, download the Item Editor...

OR

If you want to LEARN how to make items, go to the editor's folder, open the file called BOA editor docs, and go down to the part about custom items. This involves scripting, which if you haven't done any yet, you need to read the entire file before you can do crap...

First of all, there's an item editor? I haven't seen one recently, but then again I haven't been to the workshop this week so...

I usually find that just typing the item into the custom scenario data file, as explained in Chapter 2.8ish in the docs.

And ignore the post by You get NOTHING. Most people on the boards are very nice, and a few are even legendary people! All in, if you ignore the idiots, you'll do just fine.

Oh, and YgN, did you ever bother to think that Diablo-Killer doesn't speak English too well?

EDIT: LONG POST!

--Random Message - "Random Messages have replaced Random Facts, because I couldn't remember what number I got to. And they weren't actually facts. Oh, and I now have an enemy! - Step forward You get Nothing!"

[ Thursday, October 14, 2004 00:16: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
You can use an item template to help you in making your item. You can fill in the fields you want in your item and then add the template to your custom scenario objects file, which is what you need for making items, monsters, terrain, etc.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00