Party size

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Party size
Apprentice
Member # 417
Profile #0
Will the scenario designer have the ability to restrict how many PCs the player makes from the begining? It would be neat with one-PC specific scenarios, where you either have to pick up all the others "on the road" or be the lone hero.

Or will this merely have to be a recommendation to the player scenario docs?

--------------------
I'm far too tired to think of a new signature right now.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
You can include a save file with the party that you want the player to use, and I think that you can check in the scenario for the right number of PCs.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1829
Profile #2
I'd guess it won't ne normally possible, but you could always force the player to leave behind three members of his party at the beginning of your scenario, and then not have any points where you can pick them up again later. (Well, except at the end of your scenario obviously)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Split party? That wouldn't work, split party always leaves only one PC, and they're reunited once the player leaves town. (So no lengthy one-PC-missions for half the scenario).

Kill? The party could always fire up the editor... Of course, cheating can never be prevented, but in this case it can badly interfere with the gameplay.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
I think that in BoA you will be able to check party size.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #5
I agree with Drakey. It's an important feature that I doubt Jeff would have over-looked. Also didn't he mention that a LONG time ago? Or I am just imagining things?

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
quote:
Split party? That wouldn't work, split party always leaves only one PC, and they're reunited once the player leaves town. (So no lengthy one-PC-missions for half the scenario).
Actually, you can have a multi-level split party mission in Blades of Exile.

It is just that DIRE JAGOTRY occurs when the party is reunited after one of these - all of the party's items could likely be wiped out of existence. :P
Shock Trooper
Member # 1829
Profile #7
I was actually thinking of making use of the character storage locations for this matter, though I can't say whether you can store more then one character this way.

[ Wednesday, August 27, 2003 02:07: Message edited by: Squeaker of Soles ]