2 Questions/Problems

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: 2 Questions/Problems
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #0
Ok. I just got BoA yesterday and am needing some help. 2 things:

How do I add spells to shops? I know how to add items just not spells or recipes.

And second, what is the call to make it so you can't enter? Eg. in a dialog box.

1- Yes 2- Screw it, let's leave.

How do I make it so that if you pick 2, you can't continue in that direction?

--------------------
I am a silly, silly fool.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #1
1.) RTFM. :) Specifically, the call add_item_to_shop() on page 30 of the Appendix. Tells you exactly how to do it.

2.) Set an SDF if they say 'no'. Then have a terrain script on the square block entry if that flag is set.

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #2
As for the Shop thing...
0 - 499 - item
2000 + x - mage spell x (x is from 0 to 19). how_many is the highest level of the spell that can be bought in the store.
3000 + x - priest spell x (x is from 0 to 19). how_many is the highest level of the spell that can be bought in the store.
4000 + x - alchemy recipe x (x is from 0 to 19). how_many should be 1.
5000 + x - skill x. Each purchase gives the character 1 level of the skill. how_many is the maximum number of levels of the skill that can be bought.

EDIT: Deleted something that I figured out.

[ Saturday, June 26, 2004 13:25: Message edited by: GIFTSare2nice ]
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #3
Okay, one more problem. I've tried 2,000,031 times, but I haven't figured this out. How do I make faces in Dialogue and give the ppl names, so when you look at them it actually says their name instead of "Captain" or "Merchant?"

--------------------
I am a silly, silly fool.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #4
Spyderbytes, I don't think your solution's the right one. Wouldn't it be better just to link the option no to "can't enter"? That's how it's done in BoE, at least - there's probably an equivalent in BoA.

This has the advantage of letting the player come back and make another choice next time, instead of locking him out for good.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #5
Firstly, to block the party, you can use a block_entry(short) call and set short to 1 to not let the party past. Also, to set a name for a person for a dialog, put their name in the question field on their first talking node.

[ Saturday, June 26, 2004 14:59: Message edited by: Sir Alexander ]

--------------------
♫ The truth is screaming BIG ♫
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

§ realitycorp@gmail.com §

►► Chance is back online! ◄◄
Shock Trooper
Member # 954
Profile #6
Putting their name on the first question field does not work, as it is suggested in the docs. You need to put these in the town script(not town dialog script)...

set_name(13,"Commander Terrance");
set_char_dialogue_pic(13,1907,0);

The first sets character 13's name and the second will put in a pic. 1907 is the graphic sheet, O is the icon.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #7
I've never done any BOE programming, so I don't understand what you're saying, Imban. Nor do I intend to, so you don't have to explain, as long as most here understand you. :)

IF the dialog is called from a terrain script at the entry to the area, you can skip the SDF part. Just check the dialog choice and either block_entry(0) or block_entry(1) as appropriate. The original post didn't specify the conditions for calling the dialog, though, so I gave an implementation that should work (albeit with possibly more work than necessary) regardless. Prolly shoulda gone into more detail, but I've been rather rushed of late... :)

EDIT: Just realized I didn't address the "coming back later" part. You can still do that with the solution I gave. Just have the dialog clear the flag (set to 0) if "I want in" is selected, or set it (set to 1) if "I wanna high-tail it outta here" is selected. Then the terrain script would just block_entry(get_flag(x,y)), where x and y are the coordinates of the flag you're using.

[ Saturday, June 26, 2004 20:48: Message edited by: spyderbytes ]

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #8
In the town script, use set_name() to set the name of people (or other creatures). Use it in the INIT_STATE of the town script.

void set_name(short which_char_or_group,char new_name) - Sets the name of the character/group to new_name. Maximum name length is 19 characters.

To find the which_char_or_group, when the person is selected in the editor, look at the creature number in the top left of the text in the bottom left of the screen. For example, "Creature 22: Merchant"

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #9
Another idea for naming creatures is defining it in the your_scenariodata.txt. Although it uses a creature slot, so I wouldn't recommend it for every day uses. Though bosses or the such could be defined like this.

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.