Better for map making...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Better for map making...
Apprentice
Member # 4386
Profile #0
Is it a good idea to create a map with BoE and import it? Or should I just use the BoA editor for map creation? If I remember correctly, it was a lot easier to make towns and outdoors areas with BoE...

--------------------
No amish were harmed in the making of this post
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Once you get used to BoA, it's not hard. I had to remake by hand three towns from Avernum before I got a handle on how it works, but I say if you're going to be making it *for* BoA, make it *in* BoA.

Besides, BoA gives you more choices. You can make different heights, for example.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4386
Profile #2
Ok... is there a way to display more of the tiles then? I don't mean zooming all the way out to see everything, I'd just like a little bit greater field of vision...

--------------------
No amish were harmed in the making of this post
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #3
I agree the limited size of the window or the too large scale of the overview are boring. I know myself when I do stuff that I should take care of screenplay size but otherwise limits are boring.
Warrior
Member # 286
Profile #4
It might be possible to modify and recompile the editor source to give a larger view.

Then again, it might not. Take your pick. :D

--------------------
Z: "I just feel so insignificant."
Psych: "You ARE. You're an ANT."
--Antz
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #5
Personally, I wish that there was an "Auto-wall" feature that would make walls at the outside edges of all "solid stone" terrains. That would have saved me a heck of a lot of time when I was making my map. I kind of doubt it will be put in though, as it would probably require more than just a bit of work.

Oh well, you can't have everything.

--------------------
The Home of 8-bit Theater!

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 4168
Profile #6
If I'm understanding you correctly - there is an autowall feature! 'Place Bounding Walls" does what you're talking about. It doesn't put walls on the outside of the solid stone (black space), however. They are contained 'within' the solid stone spaces.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your response, but it sounds like this is what you're looking for. :)

--------------------
Guyute was the ugly pig who walked on me and danced a jig that he had learned when he was six - then stopped and did some other tricks. Like pulling weapons from his coat and holding them against my throat. He lectured me in language strange - then scampered quickly out of range.