Healers?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Healers?
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #0
I can't seem to find a way to start a healer shop. It's probably something perfectly obvious that I'm overlooking, but could someone tell me how to do this? (I have a PC, not a Mac, so I can't look at the included scenarios.)
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Actually you need to code healers in. Look at the sample dialogue scripts provided with the game to give you lots of examples on how to do it. It should be at the end where he has:

code =
break;

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 1505
Profile #2
There is no "hero shop" per se; you have a dialog node that asks the play to select a character, then you use restore_pc() (or something like that) on them.

--------------------
-Newtfeet
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
That should finally give designers the opportunity to include 'pay per HP' healers... :) Unless the call for restoring HP does not allow for a specific number of HP, which would seem irrational, but not unlikely (can't be bothered to read through the docs again. is it?)

In any case, it'll be possible to make destoning, resurrecting or reviving (for stoned, dust, or dead PCs respectively) separate services that vary in price (unless I'm a fool and that was in Avernum 1-3 all along).

[ Wednesday, April 07, 2004 14:04: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Warrior
Member # 1505
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

That should finally give designers the opportunity to include 'pay per HP' healers... :) Unless the call for restoring HP does not allow for a specific number of HP, which would seem irrational, but not unlikely (can't be bothered to read through the docs again. is it?)
Yes, you can restore a certain amount of health.
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

In any case, it'll be possible to make destoning, resurrecting or reviving (for stoned, dust, or dead PCs respectively) separate services that vary in price (unless I'm a fool and that was in Avernum 1-3 all along).
Possible, yes, but not intuitive. You can't make dialogue or dialog boxes display a number as part of a string, which makes it harder.

--------------------
-Newtfeet