Disappointments in the editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Disappointments in the editor
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #0
I don't know if it's too late to change anything, and I can't remember if this was mentioned before, but a big disappointment for me is the continued existence of those menus to select monsters with: it's a real pain to select it from a menu when you could have a big visual picker like the terrain one, and menus are a general pain.
It would be nice to have the selector in a floating window or something as well.
Also, the outdoor section selector annoys me, having that numerical input when it would make more sense to select it from a grid.

Of course, I'm probably too late :(
Warrior
Member # 720
Profile #1
Whelp, the source code was included, so, if you wanted to mangle a version of the BoA Scenario Editor of your own using C, you could make one which included a visual picker for the monsters and items yourself.

--------------------
-Daravon
Apprentice
Member # 4127
Profile #2
There probably should be a movement to add some improvements to the editor -- but let's wait until Jeff most of the bugs out of the main program first.

Personally, I want a tool that allows me to click on a square and tell me the x,y coordinates of that square. Relying on this "center square" stuff is annoying.
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Walker White:

There probably should be a movement to add some improvements to the editor -- but let's wait until Jeff most of the bugs out of the main program first.
I agree. Plus we should wait until the Windows version of the editor has been released so that any changes we make can easily be added to that one also. ;)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
Don't bother waiting - Jeff will implement any changes in both versions equally.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00