Xian skull and GIFTS

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Xian skull and GIFTS
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #0
If anyone wants the sound effects of the xian skull and the GIFTS (the "hey!" and "hello" from Avernum 3) Strangely I got them from Avernum 3, which means Jeff kept the sounds from Avernum 2 in Avernum 3 just didnt use them, Geneforge is also filled with sounds of the Avernum games as well (most of them in fact)
For the sounds click here

[ Tuesday, March 23, 2004 19:27: Message edited by: Timber-Wolf ]
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
The 'hey' and 'hello' are definitely still in BoA, and unfortunately we can't use custom sounds.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #2
These might be the other sounds:

113 – talking skull 1
114 – talking skull 2
115 – talking skull 3

Maybe Jeff will either add more sound effects later or allow for custom ones to be used. :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 1217
Profile Homepage #3
Maybe, but don't count on it.

--------------------
ALBATROSS!!!
-John Cleese
!!!Long live Monty Python!!!

Not a Chance!

Long Live The Weather Balloons!
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #4
I have a hunch the number of the sound effect is the number of it's position in the resource file. Other people might be able to add sounds to it and use a number to access that sound without having to modify the code.

Now all we need is for somebody to test it. :D
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #5
That probably would work, but it would mean changing the core game files, if not the application itself. Don't do that, please. It's very annoying.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #6
Especially if we forget to take out your modified sound file when we play a new scenario.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #7
Even if I intended to add anything to the game files, they wouldn't have to be removed later since their presence would not affect other scenarios. I was mainly stating that if Jeff wanted to add sounds later on (say from future games he makes) that it would be extremely easy and therefore more likely of it happening.

As it is I haven't the software to enable me to add anything even if I wanted to. :(
Loyal Underling
Member # 13
Profile #8
You do have ResEdit, don't you?

--------------------
[i]Great Potato[/i]
"Unless by the force of eloquence they mean the force of truth; for if such is their meaning, I admit that I am eloquent." -- Socrates
Posts: 126 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #9
Don't forget - the way sounds are stored on a PC are different, so hacking the Mac sound files this way is a Mac-only solution.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Frobozz:

As it is I haven't the software to enable me to add anything even if I wanted to. :(
I do, its called resource hacker and with it you can view stuff in .exe files and extract/change them, just search for reshack in google but its only for windows though
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00