Any Game Wiz I need technical help with A Small Rebellion

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Any Game Wiz I need technical help with A Small Rebellion
Apprentice
Member # 7328
Profile Homepage #0
Well I'm not very far in the game, but I think it's not a me being stupid problem, but more of a my game is screwed up problem. Anyway, so i'm in the area where an assaination attempt is made and ur pulled into the sewers. I've tried the non-usable stairs and I've searched the whole floor and found 2 sewer-type keys or something like that. And now I tried to open a door on the far east of the area and towards the north. In addition when I try to go up the stair the note that the stairs are blocked off no longer pops up. Am I missing something? How do I open that door? And more importantly how do I get out? I mean I know that I can just use the Editor and take me out of the town, but I don't know if there are any items I need to find in the sewers. If anyone could help me out that would be apprieciated.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
I haven't got that far in the BoA version, but in the BoE version you have to go through a lot of steps to get out. Finding keys is only part of it. You have to explore and work your way past monsters to the southeast of the original section. There is a path but it involves a control room to alter the flow of the sewer so you can proceed to the next section. Lots of monsters and locked doors that need different keys are involved.

You need to finish the sewer in order to get out and go on with the mission.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
I suspect that you need to go...

IMAGE(http://home.sanbrunocable.com/~tommywatts03/key3.png)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7328
Profile Homepage #3
Thanks to both of you, but I don't think I stressed my real problem. For some reason if I look at opened doors they won't close. In addition, I can't open new doors by walking into them. When I try, nothing happens. How did this happen, and what should I do?
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #4
When BoA encounters a bug, it sometimes stops running that script. It sounds like that's what happened here. As far as I know, the only surefire way to get rid of the problem would be to redownload and reinstall.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Your ad could be here- contact me.:

When BoA encounters a bug, it sometimes stops running that script. It sounds like that's what happened here.
If that's actually the case, then you should just be able to save the game, re-load that save, and check the printing text area for any red error messages. If you don't see any, then script is running.

Are any specials working? Do you get any messages when you go anywhere?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7328
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
If that's actually the case, then you should just be able to save the game, re-load that save, and check the printing text area for any red error messages. If you don't see any, then script is running.
Well when i save and re load the game nothing changes, but I do remember now that before I had the problem it said in the text area: error not running ____ script. Or something like that. But now when I load the game no errors are reported, but the same problems occur. Could it be my save file that's bugged? Cause I might have saved even after it started erroring; I just don't remember.

quote:
Apprentice
Member # 7328
Profile Homepage #7
Btw, I've tested the file on 2 other computers and the same thing happened. However, If I use the character editor to take me out of the town, everything returns to normal, as far as I can tell. So, it's seems like it's a small bug in a very specific area of the game ingrained in my .sav file. Is there anything I can do?
Warrior
Member # 5186
Profile Homepage #8
Your best bet would be to restart with a different party.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
If you have a saved party from before entering the sewer that would be better, Otherwise try to complete the sewer section, The doors in the northwest part of the map aren't supposed to open so you may be able to continue.