Undead Valley help - I'm stumped

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Undead Valley help - I'm stumped
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #0
1.) I can't find the farm where the slith avatar's friend is supposed to be (I found A farm but couldn't do anything with it).
2.) I can't find the farm (perhaps it's the same one) that the Hidden City is supposed to be under.
3.) There's a room in the First Tower that blocks my Unlock Spell. How do I get into it??
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
1) Delete the scenario.
2) Delete the compressed scenario file.
3) Repeat.

Not being snide, just helpful. You will be much more satisfied if you stop now, before the real frustration begins.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by iluvhorses:

1.) I can't find the farm where the slith avatar's friend is supposed to be (I found A farm but couldn't do anything with it).
2.) I can't find the farm (perhaps it's the same one) that the Hidden City is supposed to be under.
3.) There's a room in the First Tower that blocks my Unlock Spell. How do I get into it??

1. Don't bother. It's not necessary.

2. It might very well be the same one. I believe it's along the north side of one of the southernmost valleys. I suggest cheating and giving yourself Far Sight level 3, so you can actually find the accursed secret passage. But again, it's not necessary, though some of the items might speed up the hackfest you're getting yourself into.

3. It's probably not important. It's probably just locked for some cutscene-related reason. Or, it's just filled with more random monsters.

EDIT: I looked. There's only one farm.

[ Monday, May 29, 2006 20:35: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #3
Alright, the secret passage in the hills only brings me past the wall of warriors. I can't get to where the farm and town are supposed to be because the first tower is in the way (can't figure out how to open the gates) and I can't see any way of getting a boat.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
Hm... you can always crack open the editor and look at it.

But in order to get to that farm, you have to hack through the first tower. Depending on which gates you mean, I think you just need to kill everything in the tower. Something will drop a key eventually.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #5
I've killed everything in the first tower except for the mage in the holding cells and Ihrno (I think she's in the room that I can not get into). So far no one has dropped any key of any sort. I've found two levers and have pulled them both opening neither of the gates. so far the only way I can get in and out of the tower is the west entrance. I need to somehow get through the gates at the south side of the tower (where all the lazers are). Have I seriously missed something??

EDIT: I just found and downloaded version 2.0 of this scenario, so I'm gonna try again and see if things are better.

EDIT: Still can't get out of the tower other than the way that I came in. The only things alive is the mage, a ruby guard I can't see (otherwise it would be dead already), and, of course, Ihrno in the locked room.

[ Tuesday, May 30, 2006 12:05: Message edited by: iluvhorses ]
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #6
If you can get out of the town part of the tower, and back to the outdoors, the exit gate is to the south. Just start banging against things until you get out.

Edit - Having read (not re-read) your post, I think you need to work towards getting out of the town part of the tower to the east rather than the south. Also, you can walk around on the ledge that runs along the southern corridor. It is easily accessible, but the way walls are drawn does obscure it. Again, this stuff is more visible if you use the editor to look at the scenario.

[ Tuesday, May 30, 2006 21:18: Message edited by: Indifferent Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #7
I think after getting out of there you should stick to the first bridge across the river and not 2nd, because 2nd one leads you to Vahnatai land, which is a completely pointless excursion

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #8
As soon as I'm outside, though, all that's there is the river and I can't get around it or the tower. I've banged against every wall on the south and east side and nothing. I've pulled the two levers and nothing. I know about the ledge to walk on - that's where those accursed statues were. I've finally killed the third ruby skeleton but, of course, that didn't change anything. The control panel does nothing. And I can't get any more info out of the mage. I looked at the first tower in the editor and the only other way out of the tower, it seams, is indeed on the east side - however the only way to get to that exit is to get into the room where Ihrno is, and I can't get in there because my unlock spell won't work on it - I even jacked the unlock spell up to 5 on a character that's a natural mage and it still doesn't open it. I'm tempted to change water to grass on the outside of the tower and just walk around the tower, but what's the point in that?? There's got to be something I'm missing.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #9
Try PMing Arcmagus Micael. He'll probably know what's wrong with his creation...

If that doesn't work, just delete that troublesome door in the editor.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #10
If you look very closely in the editor, you will find that the section of wall 2 steps south of the unopenable door is breakable. A simple move mountains, a diagonal step from the top of the stairs, walk through one ordinary door, and you're in Rhentar's room. Then enjoy the fight. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Niemand:

Then enjoy the fight. :rolleyes:
This may very well be the most sarcastic comment I've heard all month.

iluvhorses, enjoy the purple zombie dragon. Yes, it's purple.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #12
Niemand: I saw the crack but I didn't think about move mountains. I'll try that. Thanks! I knew there was something I was missing. Ephesos: I did PM Archmagus, but I haven't heard back yet. Oh, and I like purple:)

EDIT: I'm out!!!! Thank you!

[ Wednesday, May 31, 2006 09:35: Message edited by: iluvhorses ]
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #13
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond (I've been on holiday). There should be absolutely no way through that door (espeially in version 2.0). Move Mountains (as Niemand said), is the only way to get past it.

And yes, the dragon's purple, but hey. I could change the colour but there's no real point (still might do it though for the next update).

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)