All-Nephilim Group

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: All-Nephilim Group
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #25
...sorry, but not really.

I mean, you're in the time of the Empire when non-humans are being massacred. :P

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #26
Originally by Dintiradan:
quote:
For instance, I started playing APF with a nephil singleton. Imagine my suprise when I'm attacked by a group of nephilim because they have never seen 'humans' before. Then, I justified it to myself. My nephil was actually a nephar, and I mentally replaced 'humans' with 'freak'.
I ran across that minor problem myself with my no-human party. I just thought "slith" whenever I saw "human" and it worked out.

TM, please stop. You've made your point. It's a good point, but people who a have slith or nephil in their party have to work around it somehow or else they have to avoid the scenario.

Dikiyoba.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
Well, given how convenient the HLPM is, there's really no reason not to just make a new party for every scenario. If your current party isn't made of humans, make one that is.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #28
Dikiyoba has found that, with the exception of the god party, characters that level up normally are stronger than the characters who level up with the HLPM.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #29
Use the Artifacts Hall first, and then use the HLPM. That creates a pretty authentic party.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #30
Or just bump the party up a few levels to compensate for the limited equipment. Or, hey, just play the scenario as is: a little extra challenge won't kill you.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #31
TM wasn't talking about slavery as a whole, he was talking about Roots. In which case his point is completely justified.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #32
quote:
Slavery was prevelent in pre-colonial Africa. European merchants took advantage of this and purchased trade items (Africans) from other Africans. Seeing a good solid buyer, coastal African leaders began extracting as much of this resource as they could from the inner parts of Africa. This was not racist.
Africa is not one nation. Slavery in Africa WAS racially motivated as one african racial group sought superiority over another (or rather, elements of slavery in Africa were racially motivated, prior to the arrival of Europeans). To deny race as a factor is akin to denying race as a factor in the great European wars of the 20th Century

Similarly, calling North American native groups "Indian" denies the racial diversity of the first peoples of this continent - the first NATIONS - who were often also racially motivated against other tribes.

[ Tuesday, February 28, 2006 06:49: Message edited by: the fatman ]

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #33
And logging in on the use of non-people in TM's scenario.

TM puts an incredible amount of time and effort into the created scenarios, both from a technical point and from an artistic/storytelling point. You deprive yourself of a good chunk of that value by not playing a scenario in the scenario creators original vision. From a role-playing view you realy have to stretch yourself in some scenarios to go outside the original vision - but from a technical, walkthrough and accomplish the missions point of view it can be done in many ways that differ from the creators original vision (here TM but could be anyone).

I would liken it to using the character editor during the game to heal yourself/obtain items...it changes the way the game is played, perhaps altering the original spirit of the scenario but....so what, if you take the product, make it your own and derive value from it, fine.

[ Tuesday, February 28, 2006 06:48: Message edited by: the fatman ]

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."

Pages