magus of cattalon

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: magus of cattalon
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #25
Okay, so just to make sure I understood correctly:

- You picked up the wand by the blasted hole in the wall of the mage's tower.
- You used it in the room with the lasers and stairs going upwards.
- No effect.

If this is the case, I'm completely stumped. Apparently Smoo won't be around 'til next weekend, so unless someone else has an idea, I guess you'll have to wait.

One more thing: do you use windows? If so, keep a save file handy - Smoo might want to have a look at it.
Apprentice
Member # 4096
Profile #26
Sigh. Yes-- you have it correct. I do get a text message saying that I used the wand but nothing else happens. I'm wondering if I just need to start over.

I use a Mac so I don't suppose he can help me.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #27
Try getting the character who has the wand right up next to the beam before you use it. It's the only thing I can think of.

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #28
I finally managed to be online again and to download this exceeding scenario. Woah! This is a talented author. :P Careful, TM, Kel and *i: here comes competition.
I really enjoyed all the charming details, the NPCs with their little jokes and how Smoo implemented his personal situation (?join the brave army“, ha ha). I was a little bit disappointed by the intro pics. They look so ... greyish, unpointed ... (um ... please Smoo, could you replace the second, unfinished pic? Thanx). And the titel leads astray: This is not the story of the Mage of Cattalon. ^_^ Oh well, I should write a review.

Two things:
- I cannot find the missing cattle for Theseus. I remember though to have found them once, but it’s not repeatable.
- To get the moonstone I had to chase several groups of Nephilim, use a rope to climb up a mountain :D etc. The second time I found the moonstone amongst the first Nephilims I met. No climbing, no hidden caves. Does it work at random?
=_= Also, I was too stupid to push Franck’s rocks into the fence, but I'll try it now (thank you, 6666).

to Magpie: Maybe your download is flawed? When I downloaded MoC the first time, I could not see the half of monsters and graphics (o_o ... invisible enemies everywhere!), and the party was incredibly slowed: every move took a whole second. I downloaded the scenario once again and everything worked fine.

edit: uh, oh, stareye of course, sorry. It looks as if I needed new lenses
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

*j
:P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #30
The moonstone quest is random, you have increasing chances to retrieve the rock at each of the 4 spots.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #31
two questions, OK really three.

1. Captain Snowfall wants me to find Cesar?, where do I find the rebel? Iv'e been wandering forever.

2. In the gian valley there is a southern settlement. I cannot get into the eastern settlement and I cannot get into the treasure room in the western settlement. Do I have to do the final mission first? If not, how so?

3. Do I really want to dig up the nephil grave?

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Apprentice
Member # 3664
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by the fatman:

two questions, OK really three.
1. Go to a hut south-east from the town. The messages will indicate that you are suspicious that he is there, and a kid will tell you that his older brother is out west herding sheep. Go find that brother (it is a good ways west), and then come back to the hut.

2. Eh...I already answered that in another current topic, titled "MoC - Giant settlement". There's a control panel, in the room right before the treasure room IIRC, that controls the door to the treasure and the portcullis to the north-eastern building.

3. Not sure, since I didn't. Only because I didn't have a shovel. I believe you contract some "Dread Curse" from it, but what that does to you and what you find in the grave I don't know.

[ Monday, February 27, 2006 20:58: Message edited by: Feathin Silyar ]

--------------------
*Child of Feanor*
Apprentice
Member # 3664
Profile Homepage #33
:Edit, deletes everyhing else: D'oh! Quoted my last post instead of editing like I meant to. Mmph, that's annoying that you can't delete your posts here. One more thing I don't much like about the style of these forums.

[ Monday, February 27, 2006 20:57: Message edited by: Feathin Silyar ]

--------------------
*Child of Feanor*
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
Just started playing and don't want to start a new topic for this.

Mayor Shylocke tells me I get an "alchemical explosion". I haven't played far enough yet to find out whether she actually means explosion or explosive. But I'm finding the former hard to imagine.

"Here. This should be useful." *BOOOOM*

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #35
Nitpicking are we, Aran?

No, of course he means explosion. You get an explosion in a bag, then you take it to the mages fortifications and place the explosion on the wall, thereby creating a hole in it. It's just that easy. :P
Apprentice
Member # 3664
Profile Homepage #36
Lol, "place the explosion on the wall" reminds me of those black holes they used in old cartoons that could be carried around and placed on things to make a hole you could step (or fall) through. Now that would be a very useful item for adventurers!

--------------------
*Child of Feanor*
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
Just imagine it: All the practical benefits (destruction) of an insanely powerful explosion, but no personal risk!

--

While on the topic of trivial errors: The Special Item description of the explosive seems to be cut off at the last word in the Windows version (the displayed length might vary as it did in BoE the other way around).

quote:
You're supposed to use this to blow a hole in the magi's wall. Carrying this huge barrel around makes you feel uneasy. Hopefully you won't come across anything that would cause it to blow up in your
--

Oh, and "stakes"=>"steaks" in the dining hall message when you get the food. :)

[ Wednesday, March 01, 2006 16:10: Message edited by: Left Outer Join ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by magpie:
I use a Mac so I don't suppose he can help me.
It's worth a shot. Send me the save file.

quote:
Originally written by: spy.there:
I was a little bit disappointed by the intro pics. They look so ... greyish, unpointed ... (um ... please Smoo, could you replace the second, unfinished pic? Thanx
The version on my site should already have the correct picture. No wait, it's probably only for the Pc version. If I can fix the bugs Aran has pointed out I'll send a fixed version to Spiderweb.

quote:
Originally written by Aran:
Mayor Shylocke tells me I get an "alchemical explosion". I haven't played far enough yet to find out whether she actually means explosion or explosive. But I'm finding the former hard to imagine.
That's not the weirdest typo MoC used to have. There used to be a recruiting boot in Gerolt's Hamlet. Feel free to disagree on which one is weirder.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.

Pages