Dispel Barriers

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Dispel Barriers
Apprentice
Member # 6692
Profile #0
I am playing VoDT. Is there anyway to dispel those magic barriers? I know that there is a spell but I have been everywhere it seems and I can't find out how to get it? Also, is the house that Karen wants me to go into Avizo's, Axel's, ort one of the private houses? And where is Kelda, the one Karen calls a "true seeker of knowledge"?

[ Tuesday, January 17, 2006 09:45: Message edited by: Healer_of_hearts ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
In VoDT your magey level is too low to learn dipel barrier. However, you could try using wands or scrolls, of which I know there is somebody who sales them in Sweetgrove. I think he is in that house where there is that trainer/training area. Its a mage wearing blue robes. He might have a scroll of dispel barrier.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #2
Actually, I think your best bet is piercing crystals (the green crystals that can be used to dispel barriers). I'm almost positive there were one or two lying around the school.

And the house Karen wants you to break into is one of the private homes in the northwest of town. More specifically, the one with the barriers in the rear.

[ Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:48: Message edited by: Proud Owner of: ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
A tip, which may or not be considered as full-blown cheating:

Save before using a Piercing Crystal on a barrier, then use it and see if it was worth it. If I recall correctly, some of the barriers you dispel in VoDT have Piercing Crystals hidden behind them. Slightly ironic, but true.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
At least three of them do. Use piercing crystals and shattering crystals wisely because there aren't enough of them in the scenario to open all the spots.

Kelda was based in Maraliss (sp?), but the shop there is abandoned. It's the one that can't be entered without a piercing or shattering crystal. She probably left. And the private home isn't explained. I would guess that it is Avizo's but I have no proof.

Dikiyoba.

-----------------------------------------
Mage: Well, did you hide all the piercing crystals?
Apprentice: Yep.
Mage: Where did you hide them?
Apprentice: Behind a force barrier.
Mage: You idiot! What good are they to us there?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

At least three of them do. Use piercing crystals and shattering crystals wisely because there aren't enough of them in the scenario to open all the spots.
There are, however, enough to break every barrier that actually has something worthwhile behind it. Some just open into an empty room.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!