Fungal Caverns-VoDT

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Fungal Caverns-VoDT
Apprentice
Member # 6692
Profile #0
What is supposed to happen in the Fungal Caverns in th Valley of Dying things? I can get in and out but I can't seem to find anything except Herb. Also where do the monsters keep coming from and can I kill the one calling them or whatever?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
Have you searched in the whole cavern? Somewhere there must be a secret passage, threw which you get to an altar or something of the kind. I can't remember it all proparly, but I think you must kill there something. You get some nice things, but for the rest you can skip that whole dungeon.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
As far as I can tell, the spawns are set to happen ten times and then stop, no matter what you do.

Also, the main point of the dungeon seems to be the room in the middle. Go to the northeast corner of the dungeon, and work your way through the passage to the southwest. Find the stone wall building (at 30,26) if you're on a Mac and can check the party's coordinates. There's a secret passage in the north corner of that wall that will get you inside.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
It would be nice if the Fungal Cavern related somehow to the rest of scenario. The bandit's hideout and the goblin valley were tied into the scenario but the Fungal cavern was just there. There was no backstory or relevance to the plot.

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #4
Sometimes a cave full of monsters is just a cave full of monsters. Not everything has to connected to the scenario plot just to make sense, though it is generally advised.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #5
It was a rather pathetic side dungeon, was it not? I think that there is some sort of extreme poison trap in the middle temple if you want to get the treasure of rubies, though it has been a long time since I have checked.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
The poison trap wasn't all that bad. At least not for Dikiyoba's party, who can all cast heal and cure. There's no rubies but there is a short iron short and about 400 coins, plus the bliss elixer and a few other minor goods lying around. But it is in a scenario for beginning parties.

Edit: In fact, the equipment dropped by the bandits in their hideout seems a little too high for a first scenario. Dikiyoba wouldn't mind spending more time searching for better leather and studded armors rather than getting chain mail right away.

[ Friday, January 20, 2006 18:38: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #7
On torment, though, the hit penalty on the chain mail can be felt until toward the end of the scenario.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
So does Garrison use chain mail in VoDT? Dikiyoba doesn't, but mainly so Dikiyoba can loot 15 pounds or so more stuff. Multiply that by four and Dikiyoba's party can carry a lot more stuff before having to return to a shop.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #9
Armor is generally useless in torment mode. Unless it has nice modifications.