dual-wielding

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: dual-wielding
Apprentice
Member # 6597
Profile #0
hey, I came up with a great idea. in exile, it was awesome how you could dualwield, so I've made a sield, which looks like a sword, and boosts your riposte, parry, and quick strike. Do you think it should do damage to attacker or not? Just wondering...

--------------------
Let the good times roll... on.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Well, I can see why Riposte and damage to attacker would be improved by the "shield", but why Quick Strike and Parry?

In fact, to keep it from being horribly broken, you might want to add some sort of penalty to defense or resistances. The last thing BoA needs is another über-weapon.

And does this mean you're making a scenario?

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 6597
Profile #2
already made scenario, but it is basically just a copy of artifact Hall, but filled with cheap weapons made by me.

Anyway, I think it would improve Quick Strike because you come in with two swords and wack the twice with each sword in quick succesion. :)

But, I am making several scenarios, they're just no where near finished.

[ Thursday, December 22, 2005 20:57: Message edited by: Dreinius ]

--------------------
Let the good times roll... on.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #3
See, I considered that at one point. At the same time, however, there's the possibility that a mage could use that as a shield and cast extra spells with it. (That is to say, Quick Strike gives generic APs, not specifically attacks.) Plus, Riposte almost *never* works. The parry is a possibility, but at that point, your "weapon" is more like a dull, parrying blade- which I actually do like the idea of. (One idea I tossed around was giving a substantial bonus to dodging- say, 20 or 40%- and giving another substantial penalty to melee of 10% to 30%.)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6111
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

The last thing BoA needs is another über-weapon.
what other über weapons there are in BoA?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
http://desperance.net/imban/boa/Artifacts_By_Power.txt

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
Sadly, that's woefully outdated. Still, the lines for the Halberd of Calindor, Adlerauge, and Maximilian are correct, and pretty illustrative of the uber-weapons of BoA.

I'll update in early January, when I get back to my real computer.

[ Friday, December 23, 2005 13:31: Message edited by: Imban ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
When you do that, please also to change it to reflect the shifts in Bahssikava in a later version after it came out. I changed the items around a little.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
Did you also change the fact that the game's strongest 2-handed pole weapon is weaker than the game's strongest 1-handed melee weapon?
-_-

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
With the exception of God Items, which exist just because, über-equipment (and über-spell levels) is the result of increasingly high-level parties needing increasingly better options to make playing high scenarios interesting.

I think über-equipment is okay, provided that the enemies and challenges needed to get ahold of that equipment is more difficult. The only other option is to start over with a new party, which is no fun.

I personally want to see a series powerful one-handed weapons, thus giving the player a reason to go search out powerful shields. I sell all my shields the moment I get them, because I can't equip them with four blessed halberds or whatever I happen to have. I also think pants and shoes are neglected pieces of equipment. Well, some shoes are pretty powerful, but I've never been satisfied with them.

Dikiyoba
Aliens.
Um, aliens?
Blue.
What are you talking about?
Pizza.
Will you tell me what in the heck you're talking about?
Duh, those four things are the answer to everything.
Everything?
Peanut butter.