Zakhazi Run

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Zakhazi Run
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #0
Alright - I'm always getting myself stuck in someting and asking you guys for help, and here I am again. I'm stuck in the stupid Dark Maze where all those fire lizards are and broken bridge over the fire pit. I was able to save my self some time by going to the Character Editor and changing the day, but I still can't figure out how to get out of the Dark Maze. Help ??
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Well, you can skip the Dark Maze entirely if you help the unicorns. But since you're most of the way through the maze already, you may as well continue the way you've been going. There's a well-hidden secret passage in a rock formation just to the west of where you start when you enter the broken bridge town. Behind the secret passage is a lever which will unbreak the bridge for you.

[ Thursday, November 24, 2005 15:17: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #2
I can't find it. I came to it from the north side - didn't realize that I didn't need to go here if I had helped the unicorn, I was trying to find a way out of Morog's area and couldn't find it and ended up here.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Ah. The passage is on the south side. Ignore the Dark Maze entirely. To get past Morog's domain, just keep heading north. It might be a good idea to do a quest for Morog first, so that you don't waste more time on the poppy shrooms...

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #4
But is there any way to get out of the maze from where I am?? I had to jump down a couple of ledges to get into the maze.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Man. Uh, well, you can probably go back the way you came somehow, given that south-to-north is the way you're supposed to go through the Dark Maze. Unfortunately, I always just used the unicorn route instead, so I can't help you with exactly how to get through it.

See, this is why you should keep backup savefiles.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #6
Ok, yeah, I'm getting better at the saving thing, but I still forgot sometimes to back them up. Shoot, I didn't think I'd get stuck in the maze. Alright, what I'll do is use the Character Editor to get out of the scenario and start all over again. Thanks for your help!!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #7
So where exactly are you in the dark maze? past the broken bridge or before it? In other words: have you passed that bridge or not? If yes, then where exactly are you? have you been through the place where you fight the human-headed serpent (Shoot, I forgot what its called)?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
You probably don't have to take yourself out of the whole scenario; you can just use the editor to leave town instead.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #9
I tried that, but the only "town" is the bridge, the rest of the maze is "outdoors" so I couldn't do it.

Yes, Thralni, I had already killed the human headed serpent, but I was not across the bridge. I had come into the maze from the north and had to jump down a couple of ledges to get to where I was. The next time I'll just stay completely away from that place!!!!!! :)

I have a new question - I downloaded the BOA editor cause I want to try my hand at designing a scenario (I know, a big job for one who can't get through any scenario without some sort of help!) My question is how do you do scripting? I've been reading through the book and it all looks very confusing to me, then I look at script code for an already finished scenario by someone else and it just confuses me even more. I'm having fun with the terrain and stuff, but I want to get some words in there, other than the ones in the town that is given to you.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
Kelandon's written an article entitled Basic Scripting for Complete Beginners. It may be what you want.

Erik Westra's Blades of Avernum Editor Cookbook is also a useful resource.

[ Friday, November 25, 2005 16:15: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #11
Thanks! I had Erik Wenstra's cookbook, but I didn't know about the other thing by Kelandon - thanks!! It's slow going, very slow going. I don't even know what I want to do an adventure about yet, I'm just working on learning everything so that when it comes time to make an adventure, I'll hopefully know what I'm doing :)