bahssikava

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: bahssikava
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Anna:

I'm really sorry, but where is the interest to build something so complicated that it's impossible to solve without hints and explanations step by step ?

Its really not impossible. Don't ask me how, because I myself don't quite understand how I did it, but I managed to solve the whole puzzle in ten minutes and leave the macinery part of the catacombs after fifteen minutes after entering it. I didn't think it was difficult at all. The only very important thing to remember is: DON'T barge in, thinking you can solve anything, but, everytime you encounter another problem take your time and think it all through. In the end its really not complicated. Just do it slowly, and not fast fast fast and then be surpised you don't undersatnd it.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #26
I solved the mirror puzzle with no problems whatsoever. Of course it takes time, and I had to reset it at least 5-6 times by leaving the level and returning.

As Thralni said, if you're not feeling the need to go on as quickly as you can, you won't feel the need to consult a walkthrough.

For me, Bahssikava was the greatest BoA scenario I ever played. I enjoyed every second of it - why should I hurry the end? :)

--

I did have trouble with the other puzzles. In the ghost-spawning level I actually looked through the scripts and in the editor to see where to go next, because I kept getting swamped by the critters when exploring the level.

That was probably because of my inability to hurry up. :P

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by NaNoWriMo:

I solved the mirror puzzle with no problems whatsoever. Of course it takes time, and I had to reset it at least 5-6 times by leaving the level and returning.
You do know that the levers reset the puzzle rooms that they're in, right? Unless you actually manage to trap yourself somewhere without access to a lever, you can always just use those. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #28
Do the levers also replace destroyed beamers and so on?

Regardless, resetting it all gets rid of the hassle involved in remembering where I was at what point. I can more easily memorize a full sequence of actions than I can keep track of what I've already done...

[ Wednesday, November 23, 2005 03:03: Message edited by: NaNoWriMo ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #29
Yes, they also replace destroyed beams for as far as I can remember. Thanks for your support Aran.

Also the puzzle with the slith ghost that spawn all the time I didn't find to diffucult. Actually, all puzzles I didn't find to difficult. I was only stressed and irritsted by the many fights: things other can do better than me, but then get stuck at the puzzles, things I do better than them. It all comes down to a few things:

Hastiness: do you want to rush through it? then your bound to make mistakes, as I and aran already saidPatience: This is about the same as hastiness: if you don't have the patience, don't start with it at all.Interest: Some people just don't like puzzles. Some just don't like the beam puzzles. Sometimes it all boiles down to interest. I, for example, tend to not play a scenario in which I will have to fight a lot. A reason for me not to play Undead Valley, as I heard the amount of fighting is enormous.If I forgot to mention something, please say so.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 6486
Profile #30
Here is your hints for the 2nd puzzle : In the second puzzle, move the sw/ne mirror to (35,30) to block the beam so that you can pass. Now grab the se/nw mirror that's a bit farther north and move it to (38,20). Move the sw/ne mirror to (36,25). Now comes the tricky part. You have to get the first mirror one space east, to (36,30). Walking directly north into it seems to get it off the wall effectively. Once you've positioned it properly, you've solved the second puzzle. Leave through the door and head north to the third puzzle.

But have a look to the puzzle !!! The only available mirror to block the beam is NOT a sw/ne mirror but a SE/NW one (just left when you come into the room) ! And when I blocked the beam and continued the puzzle following your explanations, the only thing I could see is that nothing happened ! absolutely nothing. Moving the 2 other mirrors with your coordinates didn't make any difference. So, I'm sorry but maybe there's something wrong with these hints...
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

Patience: This is about the same as hastiness: if you don't have the patience, don't start with it at all.

I always thought patience is the opposite of hastiness.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #32
Here's the general idea:

1. Use the only available mirror to redirect the first beam into the lone one-space wall to the north.

2. Use the next mirror to redirect the western beam west instead of north. This basically ought to shut down all of the beams in the area.

3. Take the final mirror and place it so that a beam coming from the south would redirect into the mirror in the northeast and eventually into that tunnel leading to the source.

4. Use the first mirror to redirect that first beam into the final mirror.

More specifics if they are necessary.

[ Thursday, November 24, 2005 12:29: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by NaNoWriMo:

quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

Patience: This is about the same as hastiness: if you don't have the patience, don't start with it at all.

I always thought patience is the opposite of hastiness.

It is, but I mean its the same principle in this case: With out patience, meaning you are hasty, you're going to fail in all puzzles. Its as simple as that. I know you knew what i meant, you aren't as dumb as the average Runescape member I have encountered (may god forbid that). But still. I felt I had to explain it a second time.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!

Pages