bahssikava

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: bahssikava
Apprentice
Member # 6111
Profile #0
im stuck in part where your leader disapers and attack you around next corner,my party leader is too storng with those blessings he recives and he gets charmed again as soon as i use unshackle mind and killing him doesent sound like best option cus i cant make him alive again,any ideas how to get past?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Have your mage summon a bunch of monsters to distract him (Create Illusions works well for this), then run past him. Try to keep at least one of your characters within sight of him at all times so that he doesn't teleport toward you again.

Without giving too much away, your goal is to find what's controlling your leader and stop it. Watch out: there's at least one more nasty surprise in store for you.

[ Thursday, November 17, 2005 03:50: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6111
Profile #2
geeez,who made this? freakin long and hard,i have to use heroic brew before all big fights :mad:
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
I made it, and it's supposed to be fairly long and a little challenging. :P

Note also that you can strip your lead character of any weapons, potions, or other items he may have. That should reduce the damage he does considerably.

[ Thursday, November 17, 2005 07:21: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6111
Profile #4
ARRRRRGH why you made beam thingies >< i dont hate anything as much as them ><
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
Yes, beams are definitely annoying... quite possibly the least enjoyable part of Bahss, at least to me. But don't forget about the readme file (I believe it has the solution).

Just try not to get yourself trapped... I somehow managed that once.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 6111
Profile #6
little help please,i have been able to active beams 2 3 and 4 but not 1,how and where i do it?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Well, it's not clear what you mean by the numbers, but I'll try to help. One of the power sources doesn't have a corresponding puzzle room; instead, has to be activated by placing mirrors in the corridors so that they redirect one of the beams to hit the power source.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6111
Profile #8
thats one i dont have
Apprentice
Member # 6111
Profile #9
if im right i need 5 metal triangles,i have three
1 from beam place and 2 from halls where slith ghosts were spawning,where i can find 2 last?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
There's one lying around near the steel doors; you should have got a message about seeing something shiny when you walked near them. Wander around for a bit just to the west of the doors and you'll find it.

The other one you can get after sanctifying the altar in Ancient Bahssikava (not the drake altar; the one in the library). Have you found the friendly ghost yet?

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6486
Profile #11
Hi everybody,

I'm totally stuck with the mirror puzzle. Too much complicated. Is there any snapshot somewhere, to see exactly what to do ?
Could somebody take some screen captures and send them to me ? It would be VERY VERY nice.

Thanks so much in advance.

Anna
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #12
:) Hi and welcome to Spiderweb, Anna. Place your sanity at the mods' disposal and beware the fluffy Sailor Moons.

To answer your question: When I played Bahs the first time I followed the hints.txt in the files - it's not very brilliant I know -_-

E.g. the hint said "Move a sw/ne mirror to (34,7)". I went to 34,7 with my first character for to find out where this place is. (You can see the location of your first PC by scrolling the menu to "party location".) Then I moved the mirror there.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #13
Of course party location only works for the elite Mac users. The rest of us, mainly Neanderthals, must either experiment or get very lucky. And by experiment I mean use the editor to look at the puzzle without the stress of frickin' laser beams bouncing around and shish-ka-bobbing various innocent party members.

*this message sponsored by al amir*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
There's also the "Party Location" special ability that I included, right next to Set Cutscene Speed. That, combined with the descriptions in the walkthrough (in HINTS.txt), ought to be enough to help you figure out what to do.

If there's a specific puzzle you're having trouble with, though, you can feel free to name it. But I highly recommend going to the walkthrough first.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Apprentice
Member # 6486
Profile #15
Thanks a lot, I solved 2 of the 3 puzzles, but definitely I don't figure what to do with the third one.
I strictly followed the hints, and having a Mac, I could see the party location as well, that was pretty useful :-) . Anyway, I really don't understand how to move the last mirror in that room (the one to put to 34,9, instead of another one impossible to move anywhere else).
I also tried the other way with the library but it doesn't seem to work.
Please could you tell me what to do, step by step ? I'll be very grateful. Thank you.
Apprentice
Member # 6111
Profile #16
where exatly the libary one is?
in secret room with 3 boxes? i cant open one of them.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #17
You have to get a blessing from the friendly ghost in the far southwest of town before you can open the sealed boxes. So go find that ghost already.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #18
Well, okay. Someone (Boots, I think) alerted me to an easier way to do this puzzle than what I have in the walkthrough, so let's see if I can give you that.

Go to the library in the southeast and pull the lever at (46,43). then pull it back again. Go back to the room and place the only available mirror at (30,6). Go back to the library and pull the lever one more time.

I think that works, at least.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 6111
Profile #19
ok,now im stuck in room with 5 panels (after choice to end scenario) where you have to free slith spirits i think,however i dont know what i have to do with panel,i have tried alot of stuff,is there place anywhere with manual or something that gives good hints how to operate it.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
There are mind crystals (they look like big crystals on pedestals) which teach you the ancient Slith language, helping you communicate with various characters and decipher various messages, including the ones on the panels. There was one in the Catacombs, but you've already missed that and can't go back to it. There's another one you can get to, though, in the building in southwestern Northern Bahssikava (in the tunnels with all the chitrachs).

If you're completely stuck, you don't have to free the slith spirits; it's just rather helpful to do so.

[ Sunday, November 20, 2005 13:49: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6486
Profile #21
quote:

Well, okay. Someone (Boots, I think) alerted me to an easier way to do this puzzle than what I have in the walkthrough, so let's see if I can give you that. Go to the library in the southeast and pull the lever at (46,43). then pull it back again. Go back to the room and place the only available mirror at (30,6). Go back to the library and pull the lever one more time.I think that works, at least.
Well, thanks a lot, I could powered 3 of the 4 pylons near the 3 doors, but I don't figure how to power the 4th one and open the doors. Please can you help ? Nothing about it in the hint file. You just said to be creative :-)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #22
Uh, there's more to the hint file than the paragraphs which are asterisked. Here's the relevant section of the walkthrough:
quote:
Redirect the alternating beam in the halls west again. Move the mirror that you used to power the first puzzle west to (8,35). Now you should be able to pass through the doors.
Basically, you need to redirect the alternating beam in the halls to hit the southern-most source.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 6486
Profile #23
quote:

Uh, there's more to the hint file than the paragraphs which are asterisked. Here's the relevant section of the walkthrough:
quote:
Redirect the alternating beam in the halls west again. Move the mirror that you used to power the first puzzle west to (8,35). Now you should be able to pass through the doors.
Basically, you need to redirect the alternating beam in the halls to hit the southern-most source.

That's exactly what I did, after the 3 puzzles, and it powered the 4th pylon. So, the powered pylons are from right to left : 1-2-4. But what about the 3rd one ? Did I miss something somewhere ? That's what I don't understand !
I'm really sorry, but where is the interest to build something so complicated that it's impossible to solve without hints and explanations step by step ? Your scenario is really great, but we loose so much time that it becomes a little boring and stressing...
I like enigmas and puzzles, and I love the parts in a scenario, where we have to think rather than to fight, but too much is too much...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #24
If one of the first three sources isn't on, then you didn't solve all of the puzzles. I think you missed the middle one, the one with the entrance at (40,31).

It is possible to solve the puzzles without hints or walkthroughs. Believe it or not, at least one person was hoping for another even more challenging beam puzzle later on in the game.

--------------------

Pages