Blades question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Blades question
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #0
I have the Avernum series so far i have really enjoyed them, i was looking at buying Blades of Avernum. I didnt see that there was any option of gettingit cheaper unless i already own BoE.
Is it really worth it?
are the scenarios any good?
How many are there?

Thanks
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #1
Yea, BOA is worth it. There way not be that many scenarios out yet, but there are a few good quality ones and there will soon be a whole lot more.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #2
There are a few good scenarios, but if you don't hate the Exile system, you're much better off getting BoE.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #3
I bourght E3 ages ago but only recently i decided to buy A1-3. I think that Avernum is slightly better.

Also is that just because there are more scenarios atm for BoE?
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #4
Yea, there are a hell of a lot more scenarios out for BOE but that's only because it's been out longer. BOA will most likely end up having more scenarios but it will take a few years. But then again, there are still BOE scenarios being pumped out so who knows.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #5
BoE has a heck of a lot more scenarios, and as a side effect of that, it also has better scenarios - depending on your tastes, there are probably dozens of BoE scenarios that are better than anything BoA has at the moment.

The difficulty of using BoA's editor has slowed scenario production, I think - substantially more scenarios were made in the first year of BoE than have been made in the first year of BoA. And BoE scenarios continue to be made. Combine that with a 7 year head start, and I doubt BoA will ever catch up.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #6
But isnt BoE for os9 whereas BoA works natively on osX............(mac users)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Yes. But assuming that your computer isn't so new that it didn't even come with Classic, waiting a minute or two for Classic to start up isn't that onerous.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #8
^ i guess not...... But do new computers come with the option of installing OS 9, because it will eventually become non-existant.
Does anyone know when?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
New computers can't start up in OS 9, but if you have OS 9 installed you can still use Classic.

Eventually, once Intel starts making chips for Apple, it's likely that Classic support will be dropped entirely.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #10
I really don't know what Apple wants to gain with transferring to Intel. Is it just MUch faster then these Motorola chips, or is it also cheaper?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

New computers can't start up in OS 9, but if you have OS 9 installed you can still use Classic.

Eventually, once Intel starts making chips for Apple, it's likely that Classic support will be dropped entirely.

Its gonna be so sad, all those SW games that you wont be able to play anymore............
Apprentice
Member # 6377
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

I really don't know what Apple wants to gain with transferring to Intel. Is it just MUch faster then these Motorola chips, or is it also cheaper?
Apple is switching to Intel for a few reasons, a major one being the ultra-low voltage chips coming out. The G5 runs way way to hot to be used in laptops. (That is why the iBook and PowerBook still have the G4s) I think Apple is still going to use the G5 processors in their servers (because the G5's are really the best at high-end performance, not really for normal day to day tasks)