Natural Mage & Encumberance

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Natural Mage & Encumberance
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #0
Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Yes, I searched and read.

But, well...

I made a test party...

Two identical characters (custom Nephil, 5 mage points, 5 priest points and 2 extra intelligence, for 4), except one of them had natural mage and the other didn't.

I entered Kel's HLPM, leveled them up for some quick cash, and bought them some heavy armor, which I then proceeded to equip.

Then I tried casting mage spells...

And both succeeded without problem. :eek:

I don't get it. And yes, I checked, both were encumbered.

I figured, maybe it had something with being Nephilim, or maybe because they were custom characters.

So I started again...

Two human sorcerors. I gave each one an extra point of strength so they could carry more.

Levelled them up to the same as last time (20... don't ask why, just random number) and then I went shopping.

I outfitted both like a pure fighter. They ended up with 7 of encumberance and 1 AP penalty.

Then I tried casting again...

And like last time, no problem!

Okay... maybe it's the level?

So I tried it again, same deal (two human sorcerers), but I kept them at level 1 and used the character editor to buy them equipment instead.

With level 1 equipment, I only got them to 5 of encumberance, but that's enough for the 1 AP penalty.

Again, I tried casting, and againg, I had no problems.

So... what's up?

Why's my encumbered sorcerer-dressed-like-a-tank that doesn't have Natural Mage able to cast without problem?

Is this a bug? There's still the spell point recovery and the bonuses to the spells, which aren't bad, but... still...

The only variable left is the HLPM. But why would the effects of encumbrance on a mage be disabled in the HLPM?

[ Friday, September 30, 2005 20:46: Message edited by: Muji ]

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Mages can still cast mage spells up to and including Slow even when encumbered. It's only spells after Slow that are affected by encumbrance. Did you try casting any spells that were higher-level than Slow?

[ Friday, September 30, 2005 21:04: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #2
Aaaaahhh!

No... silly me.

I didn't bother entering fight mode, so I only cast Call Beast.

Oops. ~coughs~

Well, that answers that. ;)

Thank you. And sorry for all the questions. I'll try to be more thorough next time.

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #3
Just please don't kill the spider who collects stuff from you... :(

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider