Druids of krell help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Druids of krell help
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
I came out of the Za-khazi run, starting with the druids of Krell. I'm trying to get into the Sanctum. i killed the lizards at Liam, the drake at Orinn, the lizards at Slomar, the lizards at the mines behind Relias, and talked to the captain at that fort. so why can't I get in to the Sanctun (I read the hints).

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #1
Have you talked to Brother Elm (druid near entrance to Order Temple)? He tells you about the Sanctum, so you can talk to the druid outside it and get in.

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
And if Fire Shards' suggestion doesn't work, then perhaps you spoke to the wrong person in Fort Ouranil. It wasn't the captain.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

And if Fire Shards' suggestion doesn't work, then perhaps you spoke to the wrong person in Fort Ouranil. It wasn't the captain.
Wasn't it the man in that office that was all mad at you for bein adventurers?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
No, that's the captain. You needed to talk to the smith.

(Yes, it's a stupid plot point, as many have pointed out, but I was trying to make it in time for the contest.)

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
I managed to get into the Sanctum, only to find brother Oakleaf saying to "do good." I did that already befor i came to him. is it now that UI have to talk to that smith in the fort? or should i erturn to the Sanctum (which I did and Oekleaf ignored me).

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #6
Thralni, I'm right at the same place you are. I believe I've done all the "good" and the quests for the towns, but Oakleaf ignores me in the Sanctum. I am wondering what I've missed to trigger a response from him again.

Even more odd....if I walk to a spot along the valley wall in the SE I get a message from Oakleaf (while in the outdoors still) saying to go get the relics from the druids before we can leave the valley. Oakleaf appears to be in two places at once and talking from the future in one of them. I'd be happy to fulfill his demands at the Sanctum for now.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #7
I've already resolved this...apparently, I had to talk to the smith AFTER first getting into the Sanctum. Now how was I supposed to figure that one out besides random rendundant poking about? No cues or hints about that route at all. The logic wholly eludes me. Oh well...let's see what ol' Oakleaf has up his druid sleeves now....

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
Alright, I admit it! It was stupid and poorly organized. And I still never found what's up with that message from Oakleaf. It shouldn't be there, and didn't ever bother me in testing. I can't find where the script goes wrong... if anyone knows, please let me know so I can fix it!

Then again, that's what I get for leaving myself a mere three weeks for the contest.

And about talking to the smith... yeah, that was also stupid. I regret it.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #9
All done now. I have to admit I enjoyed the long "movie" which comprises the last third of this scenario, even though I kept waiting to actually do something myself. I thought I was going to take on that drake lord! Or the lizard army...

I liked the city/temple design at the end.

Canopy, prepare to be boarded.

P.S....is there nowhere in all of Druidland to actually I.D. any items? By the end of it, I must have had ten to fifteen unidentified items.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #10
Don't beat yourself up, Ephesos. All in all, it's a nice little scenario you've made here with some very creative design work. Yeah, it has some minor quirks and bugs mostly of the sequencing sort, but I'm guessing it's probably pretty impressive for only three weeks to pull it off.

I'd love to try a hand at building a scenario myself, but get the impression it's a huge learning curve to learn to use the editor and I suspect I have neither the time nor the patience.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
Actually... it's rather simple to learn, and once you get the hang of it, it's really easy. I would just suggest to start with something SMALL... DoK was too much for me to start on.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #12
Well, thanks for the suggestion. I'll poke around with the editor and its directions and see whether or not it is intuitive enough for me to at least be able to start plonking down some outdoor graphics. I think I could have great fun making a scenario world if it isn't overly complicated getting started.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by synergy67:

I've already resolved this...apparently, I had to talk to the smith AFTER first getting into the Sanctum. Now how was I supposed to figure that one out besides random rendundant poking about? No cues or hints about that route at all. The logic wholly eludes me. Oh well...let's see what ol' Oakleaf has up his druid sleeves now....
I already finished druids of Krell about two weeks ago. I also found out that I should go to the smith AFTER going to the Sanctum. Anyway, thanks for everybody's help.

Its indeed, as Ephesos said, not very hard to learn to use the ditor. I'm now busy with a scenario. Its about as big, or even bigger (it has about 20 towns more than I wanted to do in the beginning, but they all relate to the story somehow) than DoK. I'm now really geting the hang of it, although I still have to see if the instrument pannels I made really work.

[ Friday, September 16, 2005 03:48: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!