"Nephilim Mystery" Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: "Nephilim Mystery" Questions
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #0
For those that haven't noticed, there's a new scenairo up now on SW for BoA called "Nephilim Mystery".

Anyways, a few questions:

1. Where are the three myrthil bars? I got one by killing some Trogs when they ambushed me by a house, a second one in that wyrm pit that drains your mana and is always dark, but where's the third bar?

2. Did anyone else have the problem of being overwhelmed with enemies in this scenairo? There was like this nephil group that had like an army of 35-40 in a box formation and they carried a lot of good stuff on them and that dark wyrm battle when you enter the teleporter, I got annilated the first time around.

3. How do you get rid of the Dread Curse? Is the healer supposed to be in one of the huts or in the town itself?

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
The readme file covers the first point, so I won't post a spoiler here. Overwhelming is one way to describe the enemy, and it is probably a good time to work on tactics. I prefered using invulnerability potions, but even they wore off before combat ended. Dread Curse? I never got that little gem.

*this message sponsored by the letters t and x*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #2
You get the Dread Curse in that one outdoor hut area that has a "GO AWAY" sign near it. Talk to the woman in that hut to get Dread Curse and your party gets teleported to the northeastern part of the outdoor map.

Yeah, I found the readme file in the folder about the bars. Thanks.

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #3
Okay, I'll bite. Where does it show the dread curse? I just got teleported by the paranoid old woman and no message appeared. I am on windows.

*this message supported by hidden messages*

--------------------
quote:

Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #4
You never got the Dread Curse? ....Well, I use a Mac, but I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

On my stat screen, with all the attributes and all, I have the skill "Dread Curse" at level 2. All of my attributes were reduced by 12 for some reason and I'm trying to find a healer to remove the curse. Perhpas this is a bug for the Mac version of it and not Windows.

EDIT: This was the exact text when that hermit cursed me:

"An angry hermit storms out of the hut. She screams at you for disrupting her solitude, and then curses at you. You suddenly find youself somewhere else"

"A rather nasty curse has been afflicted upon you. A normal healer can't cure this. Best to find someone that can in town before something bad happens."

Now I'm wondering, I talked to the healer in town, but he only heals my health, so is this supposed to be the same guy that removes the Dread Curse also?

[ Friday, August 05, 2005 13:16: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #5
I wonder if Seletine put in that curse only for Mac users. It definitely doesn't show up on my stats, and I never got the second part of that message.

*this message explains why two versions are on the download tables*

--------------------
quote:

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
I use a Mac, and I never got that curse, either.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #7
Perhaps it was just a minor bug. I'm replaying the scenairo now, so maybe the Dread Curse may or may not pop up again. That's odd though, I'm the only one who got the Dread Curse?

Maybe the version of Mac I have could be a problem. I got Mac OS 9.0. A lot of people around here that have Macs seem to be OS X and higher.

Hmm...I'm checking the scripts myself and I see only the first part of the text description, but not the second part. So how in the world did I get a Dread Curse then?

By the way, how do you get rid of a Dread Curse?

EDIT: Added additional statements.

[ Friday, August 05, 2005 15:50: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #8
I don't see anything in the script to inflict this curse. You?

Edit - Do you have some item that is cursed or inflicts the dreaded curse?

*this message supported by haste elixirs*

[ Friday, August 05, 2005 13:54: Message edited by: Jumpin' Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Jeros:

Hmm...I'm checking the scrips myself and I see only the first part of the text description, but not the second part. So how in the world did I get a Dread Curse then?
Presumably you got it somewhere else in the scenario.

quote:
By the way, how do you get rid of a Dread Curse?
Well, the good news is that Dread Curse automatically goes away by itself every time you leave a scenario. So if you can tough it out until the end of the scenario, you'll be fine.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #10
Well, I finally beat the scenairo, a party of four at level 61, but still no clue on how I got the Dread Curse. It's off though now. Maybe I did get it somewhere else; I just can't remember where though...

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 2796
Profile #11
Hi,
Did anyone find the "Second Note"? I also never found the third bar of a Mithral. I believe the curse may be the power level drain while in the Dark Cavern?
gcmaxxon

--------------------
quote:
" He loved maps, and in his hall there hung a large one of the
Country Round with all his favourite walks marked on it in red ink."
---The Hobbit
pg21

Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #12
The 2nd vahnatti note is behind the Vahnatti room in the Nephilim Pit, near the northeastern portion of the room. The Nephilim Pit is accessed through the Nephilim Hill.

The curse I was referring to wasn't the mana drainage in the cavern, it was an actual skill trait on your status screen called Dread Curse. It's gone now nonetheless.

EDIT: Additional hints I forgot to mention.

As for the bars of myrthil:

1. After an ambush batte with the Trogs in a hut somewhere on the southwestern part of the outdoor map.

2. In the room with the Dark Wyrms in that mana draining cavern; I believe it's in one of the treasure chests to the south.

3. By killing a group of Nephil that are wandering outside on either the northeastern or northwestern part of the outdoor map. If neither drop the last bar, then the quest can't be completed.

[ Friday, August 05, 2005 19:46: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #13
First time I went through I couldn't get the 3rd bar. That was because I avoided fighting the wandering nephs. This time, while trying to get cursed, I have fought at least 15 different groups of nephs. So, I checked the script and saw that you have a 10% chance on any group to get the mithral. I would have liked to see that be incremented after each group killed, or have a pre-set random number of groups to fight before getting the bar.

ie. mithgroup = random (3,10);
sdf (100,12) is the counter, and the scenario state would inc_flag (100,13) after each group killed. Then it could compare the two flags and award the mith at the right time.

*this message is only worth two cents*

--------------------
quote:

Lifecrafter
Member # 54
Profile #14
To get the curse, head to the southwest corner and fight the troglodyte encounter; it can be gotten rid of by reaching the building you can get to after defeating the troglodytes. When you get to that building, the curse is automatically removed; aside from doing that or exiting the scenario, there's no mechanism for getting rid of it. The curse was the in-game implementation of the crystal in the building interfering with your ability to fight.

(698)
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #15
:)
That was a very clever way of reducing my party to the bronze age with one command.

*this message brought to you by claratin*

--------------------
quote: