Yet another question on items

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Yet another question on items
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #0
This isn't particularly a question about stats or whether a specific item would be overpowered, but rather a question of dialogue - will it be possible to write descriptions in the item stats box? In BoE it wasn't a capability, but I ask because it would really be a decent addition to the BoA engine, or at least in my opinion. I realize that even if this is likely, items with text-dialogue would be regarded the same as items with custom graphics and wouldn't likely be able to be carried from scenario to scenario.

--------------------
Razordisk Frisbee Golf
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
We couldn't do that in BOE? Oh geez... that should've been one of the first things put in. I'm all for it! Jeff really needs the read this!

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #2
Actually, if this was implemented, much like items with special classes now (the special class is merely removed upon their exit from the scenario) it would be very easy just to strip out the description text.
Babelicious
Member # 39
Profile Homepage #3
Why in the world would it be an issue to carry a text string along with the item? It's not fundamentally different than the item's name, for example.
Of course, it isn't much more difficult to attach graphics to an item structure, either, and we know about THAT history.
C'est la vie.

--------------------
Pygmalion | Desperance | Djur
Shock Trooper
Member # 461
Profile #4
[Deleted by poster]

[ Monday, March 24, 2003 17:12: Message edited by: jwj442 ]

--------------------
"If you held a weapon to Fwiffo's head, he would say anything you wanted him to. In fact, if you held a vegetable to Fwiffo's head, he'd say whatever you wanted him to." - Spathi high council, Star Control 2.