Titles

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Titles
Apprentice
Member # 3920
Profile Homepage #0
Hmm...well, having found too many bugs in the most recent adventure, my characters have decided to take a breather and LEAVE...lol. On my way out, I checked their leader's title at the title screen.

I have known about this for a while, but it has just occured to me: What are the requirements for the different Titles, and what ARE all of the titles??

So far I have seen:

Peasant
Apprentice
Lord
Archwizard
(Ordered in order I saw them.)

Are there more? How do you get them? Has anyone else seen any of the others? This is a trivial feature in BOA, but it does make for interesting conversation--at least, it MAY at some point. hehe.

This just caught my eye because my party leader JUST upgraded to Archwizard--but he never lvld once in that adventure. Obviously there are req's, and I'd just like to see a list of possabilities. ^_^

EDIT: Note that I had just bought a slew of magical skills for him in that scenario. This is why I say that it has to have Req's.

[ Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:14: Message edited by: SpineRaker ]

--------------------
"I am not stubborn, your just stupid."
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #1
I think titles are based upon the total levels of your party members or member, if you're going solo, and the amount of scenairos you've completed.

I used that HLPM (High Level Party Maker) thing and jacked up a test party at God levels (250) and exited the scenairo and saved the game. My party leader was ranked Lord. It was when I completed around 12-15 scenairos that my rank jumped to Archwizard. I could be wrong, but that's how it went for me.

I think the ranks are either based on high levels or the amount of scenarios completed. Was that how it worked for you SpineRaker?

This reminds me of Diablo II when you completed a dificulty level, your character would acheive some kind of title like matriarch or Champion.

[ Tuesday, July 19, 2005 13:06: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #2
Lords are the default non-spellcaster, I think. Or they may be the warrior class. Archwizards are high-level mages. High Priests are high-level priests.

If your character went from being a Lord to an Archwizard, they were probably more skilled at fighting (or possibly nothing at all), but then you funneled skill points into INT and MAG.

The titles I've achieved are Lord, Archwizard, High Priest, and some others I can't remember. Hero is reportedly a step in the ladder to Lord.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Thuryl did some investigation into this here.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #4
You left out High Priest and Novice.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #5
Novice is listed in the link Kelandon provided. I listed High Priest in this thread.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #6
A few that I have seen:

swashbuckler (lvl 13-14 melee/archer), adept (lvl 14 priest), conjurer (lvl 14 mage);

veteran (lvl 16-17 melee/archer), healer (lvl 18 priest), thaumaturgist (lvl 17 mage)

warder (lvl 23 melee), protector (lvl 24 archer), curate (lvl 25 priest), sorcerer (lvl 24 mage);

protector (lvl 27 melee), defender (lvl 25 archer), canon (lvl 30 priest), archmage (lvl 26 mage)

These are just the levels at which my characters happened to be, not the exact cutoffs for these titles to begin.

[Edited for Grammar]

[ Wednesday, July 20, 2005 19:58: Message edited by: Niemand ]

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"