Mad Ambition Question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mad Ambition Question
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #0
The part where you fight the illusion of your sister, Chikrta or some name close to that, how do you beat the illusion? I think it's in the Nephil Fortress, after that one bladesman guy died...

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
If you pay close attention to the messages that appear during the fight, you'll notice that she drains your status effects. If you haste yourself, she'll take away your hasting and haste herself instead. Same thing happens if you bless yourself.

Think about how you might be able to take advantage of that.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #2
Since you mean any status effects, so I could poison myself on purpose (with a poison potion) and she'd begin to lose health from the poison (by stealing the effect of the poison)?

I mean, that's the only thing I could think of to beat her, giving myself negative status effects so she'd absorb them, unless you mean that you defeat her by the constant use of status effects.

[ Tuesday, July 12, 2005 05:52: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Jeros:

Since you mean any status effects, so I could poison myself on purpose (with a poison potion) and she'd begin to lose health from the poison (by stealing the effect of the poison)?
Bingo. Luckily for you, you can find poison potions nearby.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
And by "nearby", he means "the Nephil Elders drop them".

I'm tempted to give the party a blessing from one of the shamans just to demonstrate this effect, but I had always assumed that blessing was the first thing someone did in combat, and the absorption message leaves little to the imagination.

It's not like you're ever in threat of dying, unless your character is a mage- and in that case, the Nephil Elders should be annihilated in relatively order anyway.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00