Mad Ambition stuckness bug

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mad Ambition stuckness bug
Apprentice
Member # 5273
Profile #0
If I try to leave the fortress before sleeping, I cannot, a window pops up. Through repeated trying, I was able to get on the south track. A message prevented me from going further, saying the watchtower was up north. I went to it, found that it led to nowhere, then found I could not return to the Fort. It was no problem, I have finished the scenario now, but should be fixed.

[ Sunday, July 10, 2005 15:42: Message edited by: superiority ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
I have no idea what you're saying. If there's an error, could you please state it in more comprehensible terms? Thanks.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5273
Profile #2
1. I arrive at Fort Ivalice
2. I look around. I try to leave the fort, before talking to Malachai.
3. I am prevented from leaving the fort to the west.
4. I am able to get past this preventative measure. I slip around it somehow.
5. I am prevented from going south. A message tells me that the watchtower is to the north.
6. I go north. Since I am not accompanied by Malachai, nothing happens, so I am still not able to travel south. However, I am prevented from re-entering the fort by the same 'stop and go back' message that is meant to stop you leaving the fort if you have not slept in the barracks yet.

I do not have a saved game to show anyone. I just read that the version I have (Windows, from the SWS scenario table) is an older version. Is it fixed in more recent releases.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #3
I'm curious how you "slip around it somehow".

I'm damned sure that you can't leave the fort in-town, since the whole town is lined by a can't enter node, superposed on blocked-to-creatures spaces.

Outdoors, I'm fairly sure that all exits are separated from one another, unless these custom walls have a nuance I'm not familiar with.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5273
Profile #4
If you talk to Malachai, then don't sleep, you can exit the fort.
If you try to head south, you get past the blocky-thingy, and cannot get back. I have duplicated this, save file can be found at www.freewebs.com/kadiniscool/ThisBug.sav

EDIT: Just occurred to me this could be easily fixed - just prevent the PCs leaving the fort at all without being accompanied by Malachai.

[ Tuesday, July 12, 2005 15:06: Message edited by: superiority ]