NPC joining abiltie

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: NPC joining abiltie
Warrior
Member # 2688
Profile #0
Would anyone else be interested in having the ability to recruit certain NPC'S to play along beside you...they would act on there own during battle, gain experience and skill as you would but when out of battle would stil follow you along and heres another idea...perhaps at certain intervals the NPC could offer advice such what to do next or when to rest or perhaps people that should be spoken to...let me know what you think
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
This is possible. See many BoE scenarios, notably Falling Stars or Quintessence.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #2
How's it done in those scenarios? As you might know already, I can't play them. ;)

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #3
I decided one day, while on my A3 journey, to see what these fabled "Party NPCs" could do. At first, I was reluctant, because my party felt that they had no authority to bring others into thier bloody battles. But I gave in and brought one along. She had less HP then everyone else, as well as lower skills. But none the less, she tagged along and fought with us... for a little while. Apparently she wasn't prepared to be fighting Alien Beasts, as my party had been doing for sometime now. She died... rather viciously. I couldn't save her... she was dead when I got to her. Then I realized I had killed her, my poor judgement of whether or not to send her into a pack of fanged horrors was fatal...

Now to the point... I think the NPCs that were joinable (A3) and the NPCs that should be joinable should be computer controlled, as the man said. They should have a mind of thier own, provide clues, and have some personality (to make things interesting). That would be fun... c'mon Jeff, give us our computer-controlled NPCs!

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #4
I wouldn't mind having NPCs that followed me around into the various scenarios and helped me out with stuff(although their advice might not be very related to the scenario).

Come to think of it, I can't figure out how Jeff would be able to let us have more than4 party members, since storing extra characters would be difficult(at best), so NPCs shoul be added to keep variety around.

Sidenote: Doing all the stuff to make NPCs in BOE is a pain in the mik'ta. Please Jeff, make it simple. After all BOA is gonna be frelled up enough without not being able to have more than 4 party members(including extras)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
BoE NPCs are incredibly simple if you understand the concepts.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Warrior
Member # 2688
Profile #6
This is a question more regard toward drakey but also to anyone who has played falling stars....does anyone have a list of the NPC'S that are able to join your party and their locations as i have seemed to find none of these yet...
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
Ask this question on the Blades of Exile forum.

--------------------
====
====
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #8
Controlling NPCs with the scenario editor should be even easier than in BoE (well, as opposed to not really having any control), if Jeff hasn't been lying about the ability of scripting to determine monsters' behaviour

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote