A Large Rebellion help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A Large Rebellion help
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #0
I'm stuck in the bandit's outpost. I can't find another way out. After wandering around randomly for a while, I looked in the walkthrough and it said to give coins to the shrine. However, when I went back there, there was no option to give the money. What should I do?

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
It looks like you would have to use the scenario editor yourself. If you felt comfortable with that, you need to edit town #8. Find that pot o' gold in the upper right corner and put a terrain script on it. Use the specobj script and put 17 in memory cell 0.

That should work. If not, I'm an idiot and the author has said he'll have an update in a few days.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #2
Rather than start a new thread, what exactly is to be done in the Goldar mines? I haven't the foggiest...
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #3
At this point nothing. I assume you just got the quest and have poked around some. The levers etc work fine and you get to see what is beyond the gates and windows. That is all you can do until later. Just explore Alexandria and adjacent areas and you will get information that will assist you.
After you do make progress in the mines there is one other place I had trouble, and without spoiling anything I would recommend remembering what got you in there in the first place, and using that again.

--------------------
quote:

Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #4
Don't bother yourselves using the editor to do something that I can do as well. As the author of the scenario I ask you to show patience. I should be releasing a bug-fix update tomorrow.

--------------------
"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul." -Sauron
Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #5
Yo Smoked Salmon! You seem to have dug through all of my buggy scenario already, right?
If the ogre mines trouble you a lot, have a look at the last text in the "read me" -file. Be careful, though. The last texts in the file are extremely dangerous to those who enjoy challenging puzzles.

--------------------
"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul." -Sauron
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #6
Yeah, it sounds like you want me to stop giving advice to people stuck in the scenario. No sweat, I'll keep my mouth shut. I was trying to not give too much away when I described the situation in the mines, but whatever.
I did just remember though that the reward for finding the bat-toy is unavailable due to terrain problems. Also the toy doesn't work as advertised, but I wasn't sure if that was the design.
Sorry to have bothered you, I was merely trying to be helpful.

--------------------
quote:

Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #7
You did not bother me at all, it is quite okay that you share your knowledge with others. I did not mean to blame you. I just felt a bit excited when I saw one complete stranger speak of a thing that I thought was only familiar to me. Sorry!

Did you have problems with the bat? The bat IS supposed to cast Bolts of Fire.(Just came to think of it: Generally, Bolts of Fire can only be cast in combat, so the bat will only work then.) What was the problem with the terrain when getting the reward?

If possible, I will include the bugs fixed in my release tomorrow.

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 09:58: Message edited by: Omikron ]

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #8
1. The bat is working now, maybe I was doing somehting wrong before.

2. The wyvern's lair after returning the bat, you swap some terrain to allow passage to the reward. You need to swap another terrain as well since the totems (or whatever it is) also block passage.
Also, it is possible to get trapped in the wyverns lair. You might consider adding a second mobile mirror to the left side of the map in case the other one is pushed incorrectly.

3. The ogre quest was not removed when I told Janice I had rescued the mine workers.

4. I am stuck in the vahnati castle area now because my boat is gone. I took the ferry across a second time, and there is no way to get back to the other side of the river.

I guess that is all I have for the time being.
Edit -
5. Boat travel in Alexandria is odd, at best. Recommend putting town entrances immediately adjacent to waterways when travelling east or west. This will put the boat on land, but will allow it to move directly back into water.

6. Moving from central Alexandria to west Alexandria the first time I was placed on the west side of west alexandria.

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:21: Message edited by: Smoked Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:

Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #9
Thanx for the info! Now anyone should be able to finish my next release.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #10
Did you fix all the bugs Omikron? With the recent download from Spiderweb I still have problems:
Like Nicothodes I stuck in the outpost and I didn't manage to edit the script with the coins. I used the party-editor to take me out of town. But then I got no reward from Marcus ;_;

When I leave the Nagalair by boat I come into a black void. It's very spooky: you still hear the paddling sound and you can see red traces on the automap - going over its edge!

There is another freeze-in-the-void bug somewhere ... in the cave of Hira-Bok, if I remember well.

And this I have as well: Moving from central Alexandria to west Alexandria I am placed on the west side of west Alexandria.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #11
Now that was interesting... A void... However, some of the bugs you mentioned were already fixed by me (If you didn't fix them yourself! :D ) and the fixes should be released soon. If you find more of thy insects tell me (I should be here) and wait until the update is visible in the scenario tables.

P.S: I will propably not check this forum a devil's dozen times per day. Since it's summer my mom wants me to be outdoors.

P.P.S: Once my scenario is somewhat bug-free, please submit good reviews. I need them!

P.P.P.S: Do you know who played with the post scripts in his letters?!

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #12
:) I found my first boat without sticking in the void (in Goldar mines). Wow, the islands everywhere! Too bad, I met Otto after I finished all the quests.

By driving that boat from Alexandra to West Alexandra I found myself stuck in the middle of the road. The boat was lost.

Leaving the Chamber of Hira-Bok through the SE-exit I found myself sticking in the black void with fragments of hovering walls and the sound of dripping water.

I was not able to go through the watchpost.

What is that Robotic Spider for? Except you have to remove it from the Vahnatai's cave.

What's the matter with the slith with the guitar? He doesn't talk and doesn't follow my party. Neat NPC. He should have a bigger role.

:D The Orb of Nar is a nice device; a little bit complicated to handle. I must try it again when the new version is available.

Ahh ... another funny bug: when I summon giants they are always only semi-giants. But this occurred in other scenarios as well ^_^

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #13
That black void thing and the slith guitarist are bugs that I know now and will fix in the next release (which should be soon I hope). And, the Robotic Spider can be used in Arachi (yet another bug, coz you're supposed to get items in return). But what was that "watchpost" you were talking about? BTW, that guy Otto is me in the game.

And, what do you mean with 'semi-giants'.

P.S: What does " ^_^ " mean?

[ Monday, June 27, 2005 04:17: Message edited by: Omikron ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Omikron:

P.S: What does " ^_^ " mean?
It's a stylised textual representation of a smiling face.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 4672
Profile #15
hi,

i'm stuck in the docks (after freeing the naga and passing the guardpost) ... there is a message when i enter the room that there is a cavewood boat ... but i can't see it :eek: (well there is a flare or a lamp on the water, but even if that would be the boat i'm not able to enter...i can't even look at it)

the point is that i'm not shure if there is a bug (i had to take me out of town with the char-editor after i got strandet ...maybe there is a connection) or if i just missed something in the plot (i remember that i didn't fight Vrrr on one of the islands)

anyway i hope the update will come soon because i realy like the scenario (especially the outdoor and treehous areas are beautiful) but it could have used some more testing work

ps. if it is a bug could please anybody tell me how to fix the script

[ Tuesday, June 28, 2005 13:58: Message edited by: sh ]
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Omikron:

... And, the Robotic Spider can be used in Arachi (yet another bug, coz you're supposed to get items in return). But what was that "watchpost" you were talking about? BTW, that guy Otto is me in the game.

And, what do you mean with 'semi-giants'.

The Robotic Spider can't be used at all: it appears without use-button in the inventory.

The watchpost is in SW of the Red Dragon Realm. A text widows says: "This watchpost has many guards. You doubt they will let you through. ..." I remember that I could pass in an earlier version though.

From summoned giants I can see only the lower half with the legs. But nevertheless they fight properly; thus it's only funny.

:) I thought it when I saw Otto. So you play bass-viol then?

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5963
Profile #17
I made the script changes suggested here, and now the game crashes when I try to load my game. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind; I was causing the crashes myself doing something else. But the changes don't seem to be taking effect.

EDIT: Oh, I never told you what changes I'd made. Duh. Um, the first problem with the not being able to put gold in the cauldron. I did the change with the editor that has been suggested (giving it the script and putting the number in the memory node) but it still doesn't work.

[ Sunday, July 03, 2005 14:19: Message edited by: Havoc ]

--------------------
The martian squirrel invasion is comming...