Ephesos' Scenario - Druids of Krell...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Ephesos' Scenario - Druids of Krell...
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Smoked Salmon:

Talking to the folks guarding the room upstairs in the tree fort should help.
Thank you, I had tried this but it didn't work. Now it does ... hm, from reloading maybe.

Ephesos, I saw a typo in "t10flametemp.txt": "Out of ideas, you decide to try something incredibly depserate..."
Just in case you'll send another revision to Spiderweb.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #26
Finishing the game in windows requires editing one line in the file named t11klortaer.txt.

At line 43 there is a line that reads
walk_dist = group_dist_to_loc( 1000 ,16,17) - 1; change this line to read
walk_dist = group_dist_to_loc( 0,16,17) - 1; save the file and you are good to go.

To fix the special items (you don't need this to win) edit the file named druidspt1.txt.
look for a line that reads
//Initialize Items right before it there is the phrase 'break;'
as Kel pointed out before, move this phrase to after the complete line that begins 'init_special_item(1, "Heartwood Key"'

I hope that solves things, you will find the above listed files in ..\blades of avernum\blades of avernum scenarios\druids win

Edit - removed nonfunctional bold in code

[ Tuesday, June 07, 2005 17:43: Message edited by: Smoked Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #27
Thank you everyone for giving me some feedback here. As you can probably guess, I was a bit rushed finishing this, and didn't get a very good chance to test the scenario. Still, it's good to see that it turned out fairly decent (again, sorry to Windows users), and I'll be certain to fix these little errors for future versions.

Now I've got a slightly better idea of what to avoid with the next scenario that I'm making. Naturally, I'll avoid such a lousy ending (I really meant to avoid the "happily ever after" style ending, and I saw it forming as I wrote, and regretted it then), and I'll get a little more creative with the scripting. I'll keep the landscaping decent, keep interesting/humorous characters, keep writing cutscenes, and keep using the terrain's possibilities to the fullest.

I'll try to avoid such an oddly-named villain as well. In defense of the dragon's name... I really didn't intend anything dirty. At least it gives the villain motivation... who wouldn't turn a little crazy after having people constantly giggle at the mere mention of your name?

I think I'm really just glad that I beat the deadline for the contest... can't wait to see results in September.

One last question: what'd everyone think of the writing? Except for the very end, of course, even I admit that was awful.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #28
This is going to sound stupid, but I had a bad experience right from the start. I pulled my singleton out of a scenario in order to play Druid. When he started in the dungeon I went to pick up the note and all hell broke loose. I had no free inventory slots, but before closing the 'get' window I stupidly picked up the "PLUMS" that were in my weapon hand. I couldn't put them down anywhere, least of all in my weapon hand, so I had to C-A-Del and try again. My pants had turned into another type of fruit. No snickering please. I was wondering what happened there, although I can't provide any details other than the item numbers are in the 450-455 range.

As to your question, there was ONE dialog bit where it seemed odd, and after i re-read it I saw you used the wrong pronoun (him instead of you) but I forgot to jot down where it was.

--------------------
quote:

Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #29
quote:

[QB]Finishing the game in windows requires editing one line in the file named t11klortaer.txt.

At line 43 there is a line that reads
walk_dist = group_dist_to_loc( 1000 ,16,17) - 1; change this line to read
walk_dist = group_dist_to_loc( 0,16,17) - 1; save the file and you are good to go.
And this allows the scen to conintue rather than go black at the Eyrie?

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #30
I made that change and instead of the black screen, my party stopped walking at the center of the nest platform. The cutscene continued to run and the complete ending unfolded.
I'm running windows boa with the latest patch available, which isn't very new.
So yes, making that change makes the game winnable.

--------------------
quote:

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #31
quote:

This is going to sound stupid, but I had a bad experience right from the start. I pulled my singleton out of a scenario in order to play Druid. When he started in the dungeon I went to pick up the note and all hell broke loose. I had no free inventory slots, but before closing the 'get' window I stupidly picked up the "PLUMS" that were in my weapon hand. I couldn't put them down anywhere, least of all in my weapon hand, so I had to C-A-Del and try again. My pants had turned into another type of fruit. No snickering please. I was wondering what happened there, although I can't provide any details other than the item numbers are in the 450-455 range.
As funny as this bug is... what system are you running? That really shouldn't happen, because I didn't change anything that was already being used. What were the items that changed into fruit?

And has that happened to anyone else?

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #32
Running windows, and I forget which scenario I was in before playing Druid. I had used the editor to extract the party, as it doesn't really matter. So, it was probably some version of Pants of Power, but I have no idea what sword I was using.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance than that.

--------------------
quote:

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #33
Who here remembers some item problems with Drakey's HLPM and B2?

*waiting for Imban to post*

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #34
I forget whether the boots were worn on the hands, or the gauntlets were worn on the feet.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #35
quote:

I had used the editor to extract the party, as it doesn't really matter.
Actually, if this bug cropped up as soon as you entered the new scenario, it sounds as if it could well be down to the character editor messing something up.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #36
Note: Fixed the bug for Windows... can't believe I missed that, even when Smoked Salmon so kindly pointed out my error. Look for version 2.0 (with a much better ending, and no stupid Ruined Town) very soon...

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 4096
Profile #37
Well, back to gameplay: I seem to be stuck. I entered the Sanctum and talked to Oakleaf who told me to go out and spread good will. Problem is, I already visited every town and did all the good deeds (including talking the the guy in the forge who gave me his "blessing"). Oakleaf still won't talk to me. I tried leaving and re-entering the Sanctum and he still isn't talking. I can't seem to move the plot forward from here.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #38
Okay, are you sure you completed every quest to the end? For instance, did you check back in with every person who gave you a quest? Also, how many cutscenes with him have you seen?

For example, after you kill the lizards in the mines, you've got to go back and talk to the mayor of Relias. Also, once you kill the drake for the Orrin quest, you have to go back to the town. Otherwise, the SDF flags don't get incremented properly.

If you've tried everything, go to the editor and use set SDF flag to change (100,2) to 5.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 4096
Profile #39
I'll make a circuit of the towns again to be sure but I'm pretty certain I've done all that. I got my reward from the Mayor, the gratitude (and shopping opportunities) from the two towns, and a cup of coffee and a chat with Liam.

I may have to start over and make sure to visit the Sanctum before completing the quests.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #40
Visiting the Sanctum too early shouldn't have been an issue... you can't get Kindaro's help before you talk with Oakleaf at the Sanctum.

Actually, that might be it. Did you talk to Kindaro before or after getting Oakleaf's instructions?

--------------------

Pages