So it's finally out?! Have to...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: So it's finally out?! Have to...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by hawk king:

okay Im done i had my fun and i actually am bipolar my parents checked so there. Back to BOA is there a code to set so when you use something it makes a copy of that object or item ?

what i want is this i want it so that when you walk up to and select the item and choose to use it i want it so that when you use it it makes a copy of itself is there a way to do that ?

If you want an item that makes copies of itself, that's fairly easy. Just make an item (either unlimited charges or usable once per day) that calls a script that gives you an item (through a call such as give_char_item) of the same type as itself.

If you want an item that makes copies of other items, I'm afraid that can't really be done.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by So I Will Eat Fugu:

quote:
Originally written by hawk king:

okay Im done i had my fun and i actually am bipolar my parents checked so there. Back to BOA is there a code to set so when you use something it makes a copy of that object or item ?

what i want is this i want it so that when you walk up to and select the item and choose to use it i want it so that when you use it it makes a copy of itself is there a way to do that ?

If you want an item that makes copies of itself, that's fairly easy. Just make an item (either unlimited charges or usable once per day) that calls a script that gives you an item (through a call such as give_char_item) of the same type as itself.

If you want an item that makes copies of other items, I'm afraid that can't really be done.

no i want an object an OBJECT so that if you select the object and choose to use it it will make a copy of itself
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #27
You're using the wrong terminology. "Object" in BoA refers to a creature, item, or terrain script (hence the "Edit Object" tool).

If you don't mean an item, do you mean a terrain?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #28
yes
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #29
Creating a self-duplicating terrain, even in the general case, isn't too hard. You'll need to give the terrain a default script if you want every instance of it to replicate. When the party searches the terrain, use my_loc_x() and my_loc_y() to find out where the terrain the party is messing around with is located, then put another terrain of its type in an empty space next to it.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #30
My, it looks like my share-happy ego has started a very spread discussion and a piece of flamer's war.

Quote, orginally posted by Kelandon:
------------------------------------------------
But, um, let this not put a damper on Eagle's enthusiasm. We can always use more BoA-ers, especially ones who convey a reasonable degree of sense, as Eagle most certainly does.
------------------------------------------------
A reasonable degree of sense? Well, um, I do not know about that. Do you mean the spam-part or the philosophic-part? I post things like Hawk King does quite often.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #31
If you want to quote something, there are buttons below the post screen when you post. Or you could type [ QUOTE] (without the space between the [ and the Q) then when you are ending the quote, you do [ /QUOTE] (without the space between the [ and the /. An example:

quote:
Originally written by Bob:

Jim went to the store to buy meat.
And you can also do it in bold:

quote:
Originally written by Bob:

Jim went to the store to buy meat.

You do a bold thing like a quote, but you type b in the [ and ] instead of quote.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #32
Yes, I could have done so, but then again, is it really neccesary to be that neat?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #33
The easy way to quote a post is to click the big bold quote-mark symbols at the top of the post you want to quote. But of course, doing that would make too much sense.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #34
Why is this topic so dementingly funny? :D

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by JadeWolf:

Why is this topic so dementingly funny? :D
it seems that all eagle's topics are funny eagle is a funny guy funny funny funny guy :D
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #36
There's something funny about you too.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #37
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

There's something funny about you too.
ha ha ha very funny thuryl *sarcastic*
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #38
Hawk, you do now how to say single words instead of doing them over and over again, don't you?

Example:

When you said 'Eagle is a funny funny funny funny funny funny guy' you could of merely said 'Eagle is a very funny guy' or 'Eagle is hilarious'.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #39
:P But funny funny funny is funnier than simply funny.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #40
comming from a guy who thinks all vegans are sexy... i can send you a picture of a fat vegetarian...
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
...download BoA at once! [Eek!] My favorite game has finally been re-released in the improved version!
Erm...what rock have you been living under?

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #42
quote:
Originally written by Skribbane now? Ask me how.:

comming from a guy who thinks all vegans are sexy... i can send you a picture of a fat vegetarian...
spy.there is a female.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by Sprung Spring:

Hawk, you do now how to say single words instead of doing them over and over again, don't you?

Example:

When you said 'Eagle is a funny funny funny funny funny funny guy' you could of merely said 'Eagle is a very funny guy' or 'Eagle is hilarious'.

Spring and Hawk are both handing out advice on proper posting technique. This makes me weep tears of blood.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.

Pages