post-canopy badness

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: post-canopy badness
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Toasted Basilisk on a Shish Kebab:

Hah. I don't think Alderauge is that bad. At high levels 50th it is about right. ( A 40- 60 level dungeon could easily handle Alderauge.) A blessed crossbow like Hendrickson's crossbow does 5-30 + 1-5 per level of bows and per 2 levels of dexterity. With blessed bolts at +4 damage per level-- this is almost as much damage as Alderauge. My characters routinely carry about 2oo bolts or arrows. In Bahssikava it is about the right power for an archer to use. Against things like dragons, groups of slith avatars it is about right.
It's the complete lack of need for ammunition that makes it problematic, IMHO. It either needs to be about 25% weaker or to require arrows.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #26
If it required arrows-- it would become even more powerful-- blessed arrows do +4 damage per level. Even steel arrows +2 level would make it too powerful. My party does not usually run out of arrows if done right. Carry 200-300 and it really doesn't matter.

I think thrown weapons are underpowered-- there should be a few more damaging thrown weapons-- throwing axe, staff sling, kukri, magic grenade, flaming razor disk, poisoned shuriken. That is why Alderauge seems so powerful.

[ Tuesday, April 26, 2005 02:51: Message edited by: Toasted Basilisk on a Shish Kebab ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
+2 levels of damage would be an average of 10 more points of damage per hit. Not exactly earth-shattering. And where are you going to get more than a small handful of Blessed Arrows?

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #28
I'm carrying about 24 around right now on my newest party, and I've used about six.

All in all, the damage bonus from arrows isn't that major. For example, my character does 7 more damage with a Blessed Arrow (which he has 24 of) than a Steel Arrow (which he has 100 of).

The bonus to hit is much better for you.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #29
Bonus to hit? Important? On an archer? Have I stepped into an inverted bizarro dimension where archers suddenly no longer hit 95% of the time no matter what they're using?

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #30
Hey, I've gotten 40% hitrates against some of TM's insane broken enemies.
Apprentice
Member # 5757
Profile Homepage #31
About that adlecehatrauge (or whatever it is) question, I imagine you could remove it by using take_items_of_class (replace with actual code, because im too lazy to look it up right now), if adlecheatrauge is of a special class. If you obtain the item script for it, I imagine you could check to see if it was assigned a special class.
But really, I wouldn't worry about people cheating in your scenarios. The only people that are having less fun are the cheaters. ;)

--------------------
You have been arpeggiated!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #32
Items with special classes are cleared of special classes when they leave the scenario in which you receive them.

Pages