SOS kelandon BAHSSIKAVA emergency!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: SOS kelandon BAHSSIKAVA emergency!
Apprentice
Member # 5588
Profile #0
Hey , where do I go to find the special item numbers for things in a given scenario?

I am in lost bahssikava, and I need one more metal triangle. I have 5, and I can't find another one. I think I left the lower levels to early, and now I can't get back down there.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
You cannot physically leave the lower levels too early and be unable to get back. The only way out that prevents a return is through having six already.

If you have five, go back to the Catacombs and open doors until you find the sixth one.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5588
Profile #2
I can't get back into the catacombs. Thats why I wanted to know what the special itwm number for the triangle thingy.
I found a loophole or somthing because the entrance to the catacombs are caved in and the exit I came out of was one way.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3

How, exactly, did you get out of the Catacombs?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #4
probably did the same trick i tried to start with. if you use a god party you can bash down the 5 triangle door when you dont have all 5 triangles. Then you get stuck & have to start all over again

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #5
quote:
originally written by silver harloe:
or leave the scripts alone, take your last save, use the character editor on it, click "use advanced features" "give a special item" "1" and "6"
see also: Stuck in Bahssikava

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Note to self: when making scenario, do as TM does and set impenetrable door difficulties to 9999, not 200.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
For the record, using a god party in Bahs is unsupported. You may find yourself in all sorts of trouble for doing that.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Levitating Netherlander:

Note to self: when making scenario, do as TM does and set impenetrable door difficulties to 9999, not 200.
Or simply delete the door script- although that might make you a bit of a cad.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5588
Profile #9
OK, I guess thats what the problem was. I was using a god singleton. I switched to a party I have developed from the ground up with out the use of the editor, and I restarted the scenario. I understand now what must have happened.
Boy, you guys in this forum are sure squared away programers. I appreciate all the help and advise you all have given me.
Thanks
Kelly, from Arkansas
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #10
yep, i got myself into heaps of trouble with a god party & had to start again with a normal party. Have to admit the laser puzzle was easier with a god party :P

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #11
I never played with a god party. How is it?
You just slash Haakais with one blow? You march through locked doors and lasers like they only would be air? Isn't that boring?

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
If you're playing for plot, it's not too bad, but you sort of have to know what you're doing in order not to screw up the game. I think it's much better just to play with a high-level party (70 or 80) if you just want to make the combat easier.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #13
*makes a god party with HLPM*

:D Yay, 100 Potions of Mighty Protection! Cloaks of Immortality! Rings of total Immunity!
It's worth it indeed -for the sake of humour.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
I cannot help but appreciate the irony of Kelandon's HLPM being used to break his own scenarios.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
Next question: In the Catacombs, I just stepped over the rune and obviously activated some kind of platform array that keeps throwing tons of ghosts at me. Where do I go to switch it off?

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #16
There is a walkthrough, you know.

The easiest thing to do is work your way counterclockwise through the halls, staying out of sight, finally arriving in the northwest, where you can turn off the spawners.

You could try to go to the northwest directly, but that might be a bit hard.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
Sorry, I didn't know how to reach the walkthrough. I suppose that it is on the top of the forum here and I was just too dumb to see it?

Anyway, do these spawners only spawn monsters while the player is near/in line of sight? Or am I going to have a herd of ghosts behind me by the time I get to the lever?

[ Monday, April 11, 2005 21:09: Message edited by: To gleam thereon by Elbereth ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #18
The spawners only spawn when they can see you. Stay out of the halls as much as possible and you'll be fine.

The walkthrough comes with the scenario. You really ought to read the readmes. Occasionally a designer might have something useful to say. :P

[ Monday, April 11, 2005 21:23: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #19
Unfortunately, in BoA scenarios it isn't even obvious there is a readme or walkthrough, because they're usually buried inside the scenario folder along with all the scripts.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
Ironically, when I was stuck, the first I did was peek into the scripts rather than look for the readme. :P

Edit: Nevermind.

Edit2: Seeing Machrone getting smacked by Phaedra was one of the highlights of this scenario so far. Is there some contest for Best Cutscene? :D

[ Tuesday, April 12, 2005 09:59: Message edited by: To gleam thereon by Elbereth ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #21
Don't feel like making a new thread for this.

This question is not about gameplay as much as plot coherence. From what I have seen, Ancient Bahssikava was a city of Exiles, former Darklings. New Bahssikava is to the North of the steel doors... the ancient city, you can reach only after going through the doors. The steel doors, however, were all that separated the exiles from their homeland. When Legare opened the gates and passed into the abandoned guardpost, we were technically in the Slith Homeland - yet Bahssikava lay further south.

How did Bahssikava come to lie past the gates? Does it have something to do with the cave quake?

[ Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:08: Message edited by: Rebel without a Cause ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #22
The geography is a bit complicated. I drew large maps to make it cohere for myself, but reconstructing it can be a bit weird. I highly recommend you open the scenario up in the 3D Editor while you read this and look at what I'm talking about.

Here's the deal: Ancient Bahssikava lay south of the gates -- and west. There was a thin wall on the east side of the old city of Bahssikava separating it from the land that would become the pest-infested passages in the homeland. (At some point I debated whether South River (town 10) and River Bend (town 11) were originally there or not -- I forget what I decided.)

At any rate, note the position of the town actually called "Ancient Bahssikava" (town 6) in relation to the rest of the old city. That was originally the route into Bahssikava from the steel doors, before the large cavequake. The southeast corner of AB connects to the northeast corner of the town called "Northern Bahssikava" (12) which then connects to Central Bahssikava (13) -- and the rest of the city lies to the west of that.

Anyway, the cavequake mucked all of that up. Now the northern part of old Bahssikava is blocked off from the southern part, and the southern part is opened to the homeland (which plays out later in the scenario).

But originally, that east-west passage in River Bend wasn't there, and the only way into the city was through the Deeps and then AB (6).

--------------------