I'm not sure where to put this (NO HUFFY MODS PLZ)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I'm not sure where to put this (NO HUFFY MODS PLZ)
SCORPIUS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #0
BoE looks dead...or something. So I guess I'll post this here. It's a storyline for a Blades scenario I always wanted to make but hadn't the skill at scenario-design. If someone wants to turn it into a BoE/BoA adventure, that's super, but use the whole thing.

"Screaming In Death's Wake"

Lord Xavier Orcus is a respected Empire plutocrat. He owns a plot of mountainous land in a remote part of the world. The mountain has a large deposit of gems, which he had hoped to mine. Unfortunately, the mountain also contains an ancient monk temple that stretches across the rockface. Orcus had planned to demolish it to get to the gems, until an old rival of his, Lord Archibald, had the Empire declare the temple as a national treasure. Orcus was forced to abandon his mining plans, and thus the mountain became useless to him.

Lately, there have been skirmishes in the area between the local natives and Empire settlers. The Empire has sent down diplomats to meet with representatives of the natives. Lord Orcus has invited both groups to hold their peace summit at the mountain temple. What they don't realize is that Orcus plans to destroy the temple during the meeting and make it look as though the natives did it in order to prevent peace. With the temple out of the way, the natives blamed, and Archibald convienently killed along with everyone else, Orcus will be free to mine the mountain.

Orcus also owns a house at the peak of the mountain. It is made entirely of diamonds, and was designed by Icthius, a great astronomer and cult leader. The house itself is the weapon Orcus plans to use to destroy the temple. When the summer solstice arrives and the sun is at its highest point, the diamond castle will focus the sun's rays into a laser, which Icthius has calculated to hit the temple, thus destroying it. Guarding the main focal point is Icthius' cult, comprised of twelve fighters named after the constellations of the zodiac.

The player's party starts off working for Geneva, the Head of Security for the peace summit. She's secretly working with Orcus, and, as it turns out, she's a genocidal fascist who would like nothing more than to see the natives destroyed when the Empire seeks retribution for the act of sabotage. Geneva plans to "miraculously" survive the attack, so that she may be the only witness. She will then claim that the natives orchestrated the assault. The player catches on to her when they find the body of the previous Head of Security, whom she murdered to get the position.

The player gets help from Hana, a native geologist. She's aware of the gem deposits in the mountain and doesn't trust Orcus. The player, after going through a bunch of creatively-designed dungeons to discover evidence and whatnot, finally enters the diamond castle in hopes of destroying the main focal point. They destroy Orcus' secret army, then the Zodiac Cult, then Icthius, then finally Orcus himself.

I had one of two endings planned, but they both sucked.

-Scorpius

--------------------
CLICK HERE IF YOU LOVE JESUS

ADoS is like a magical punching bag that swings into your fist even when you're not trying to hit it. -Djur
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
This scenario bears an uncanny resemblance to a Bond movie, although that's not terribly surprising coming from Scorp...

—Alorael, who thinks the story story, like most stories, would work. What it really needs is a lot of fleshing out and, as always, a good designer. No, he's not volunteering.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
SCORPIUS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally posted by Alorael:
This scenario bears an uncanny resemblance to a Bond movie, although that's not terribly surprising coming from Scorp...
Nothing good can exist where giant lasers do not.

--------------------
CLICK HERE IF YOU LOVE JESUS

ADoS is like a magical punching bag that swings into your fist even when you're not trying to hit it. -Djur
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #3
Hey! My brother's name is Xavier! Seriously! Maybe Ben (my bf) and I should develop this when we register! :P

--------------------
Aces off.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #4
Hey hey... why you hatin' Bond flicks? Bond rules all (screw xXx crap), and in fact, you just gave me an idea! Make scenarioes based of James Bond movie plots! Ingenius!

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #5
quote:
Originally posted by EEPLegolas:
... Bond rules all (screw xXx crap), ...
I would like to extend that statement to "Bond games rule, too (and screw all those other wannabe secret agent crappy games)!
I, also won't volunteer because I don't have BoE and won't learn the editor if I don't have that game.

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
What we need is Urban Wisdom!
Vote Wise Man!