Stuck in Bahssikava

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Stuck in Bahssikava
Apprentice
Member # 545
Profile #0
I've collected all the metal triangles, but for some reason when I go to the doors now, nothing happens. I've tried to leave the level, but I can no longer get back down to the one where I caused the explosion and cave-in, and I can't go back up to the city, either, as I get the message telling me I have to open the doors first. The result is a party that can't do anything at all. I've tried using the editor to remove them from the dungeon, and then go back, but I just end up stuck again. All I can think of to do is remove my party from the scenario and start all over again. Does anybody have a better suggestion?

Mark
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #1
There used to be a bug in one of the game's versions that enabled you to get as many triangles from the library as you wanted. Maybe you check how many you've actually collected? Because if you've more than you should have, the script that opens the gates won't work.
The way around this is to open the gates script and change the number of necessary items (6) to the one you've ended up with.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Apprentice
Member # 545
Profile #2
Ah, thanks. I've got 7 triangles. Forgive me for being a doofus, but I have no idea how to open up the script.

Mark
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #3
Open your Bahssikava folder and search for the t3Deeps.txt file. Open it with a text editor. Scroll down and look for 'beginstate 20;'.

This is the passage you are looking for:
if (has_special_item(1) == 6)
{add_dialog_str(3,"You notice that the triangles in your pack match the size and shape of the missing points of the star. You fit them into the holes in the star, and you hear a clicking sound. You pull the gates open.",0);

Change the 6 to 7, save and close the file.

Restart your game and try again. Don't forget to set the number back to 6 somewhen later.

--------------------
Polaris
Cartographer
Member # 995
Profile #4
or leave the scripts alone, take your last save, use the character editor on it, click "use advanced features" "give a special item" "1" and "6"
Apprentice
Member # 5569
Profile #5
I seem to be stuck after getting the first triangle. Any hints? Do I need to download a newer version if I can't get anywhere?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
There's a walkthrough named HINTS.txt in the scenario folder that includes instructions on how to find the triangles.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
Specifically, investigate the ruins in the west. There's a little notch in the wall that you'll want to look into.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #8
quote:
or leave the scripts alone, take your last save, use the character editor on it, click "use advanced features" "give a special item" "1" and "6"
Now why didn't I think of using the editor, when I was stuck at the gates. Instead of searching and searching and searching for the file that contained the code. Ohhh...hurts.

--------------------
Polaris