Need help with canopy (spoilers)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Need help with canopy (spoilers)
Apprentice
Member # 5559
Profile #0
Major problems in v1.0.2.

1. There are a bunch of new items that call themselves wands but have no activation button. Are there instructions somewhere on how to use them?

2. The bartender says there is a secret entrance around the NW corner of the starting town. I can't find it.

3. After fighting the bugbears' black demon statue, I still have only 8 emblems. Casting mj shows a secret passage behind the deis, but I can't enter it.

Minor problems in v1.0.2:

1. I didn't notice anything clever or witty about the so-called "quip" in the starting room's chest.

2. Before you free the tiger you can't enter their lair, but you can id the entrance with the look command.

Is there a list of bug-fixes for v1.0.3?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Biggus:

Major problems in v1.0.2.

1. There are a bunch of new items that call themselves wands but have no activation button. Are there instructions somewhere on how to use them?

You are in combat mode when you're trying to use them, right?

quote:
2. The bartender says there is a secret entrance around the NW corner of the starting town. I can't find it.
There's a little dip in the ground in that area, if memory serves, where the secret entrance is located. I think you can only find it once you've been told about it.

quote:
Minor problems in v1.0.2:

1. I didn't notice anything clever or witty about the so-called "quip" in the starting room's chest.
TM has his own unique idiolect of the English language. One gets accustomed to working out what he's trying to say eventually.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5559
Profile #2
quote:
You are in combat mode when you're trying to use them, right?
D'oh. It didn't occur to me that scry was a combat spell, but I should have realized that some of the others were. I also see that the "leave scenario" tool has an activation button in town mode (in v1.0.3 at least).

quote:
I think you can only find it once you've been told about it.
D'oh again. I recognize that spot. It looks like I forgot to save after talking to the bartender, and I must have reloaded before searching.

quote:
TM has his own unique idiolect of the English language.
`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.

`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many different things.' -- Lewis Carroll
Apprentice
Member # 5559
Profile #3
Can anyone help me find the 9th emblem? Is it in the passage behind the deis where I fought the winged black meany? How do I get through there?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
Update to v1.0.3. In that version, you can be told about it at the bar AND find it thereafter.
(Normally, you'd have to find it from the basement first.)

EDIT: Also, a quip can be an oddity.

[ Tuesday, March 01, 2005 13:04: Message edited by: Solomon Strokes ]

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 156
Profile #5
IIRC, the 9th emblemn was in a secret passage in teh SW corner of the bugbear town(ground level). Cast "True Sight" near those SW buildings and you will see that one has a secret hallway on it's east side(I think).

--------------------
"I am in a very peculiar business. I travel all over the world telling people what they should already know." - James Randi
Apprentice
Member # 5569
Profile #6
I'm having trouble finding the 9th symbol as well. I downloaded version 1.0.3 but still can't get the bartender to tell me of a secret area. Are we talking about the bartender at the inn...the one that you can threaten and then tell the innkeeper and have him removed (collecting 1500 gold)? Should I not have him fired?

Your posts refer to a dip in the ground in the "first town." Which town is that?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #7
If you updated after Alexander was already fired, then you can't access the secret stairway in Schwertschrein merely after talking to him- it's nothing super-cool, but you can access it from Schwertschrein's basement on the northern wall of Mörder's area.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5569
Profile #8
thanks for the help. what about the 9th symbol, though? do i need the bartender to tell me where it is?
Apprentice
Member # 5569
Profile #9
...and is morder's area after the bugbear mission? (who is morder?)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
Moerder is one of the generals you can find in Schwertschrein. Specifically, she's in the northwest area.

As for the 9th symbol, since you can find them in any order, it'd help if we knew where you found the other 8.

(Note to self: if ever making a collect-the-items quest, make each of the items different.)

[ Friday, March 04, 2005 17:29: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5048
Profile #11
Haha guess what the invisible bugbear fight is hard with a lvl 30 party, 2 archer/mages and 2 priests. Oh well, potions and "easy" difficulty to the rescue.

None of the shops work for me except for the guy who is there just to buy your stuff.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
How exactly do they not work? What happens when you try talking to the shopkeepers? Do you get an error message in the message window? Are you using the newest version of BoA?

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5569
Profile #13
hmm yes...i don't remember the locations of each of the 8 i've collected. i did get the one in the sw corner referred to by skeletony. perhaps i need to get into the nw corner underground? how do i do this? i guessed that you needed to have a weapon forged by the smith to break open the rock from above and enter from there, but i really don't know. i've definately hit every spot above ground and below for the symbols/emblems (except for the nw corner).

btw, i was able to access the southern underground secret spot with one of my parties. i'm guessing it was because one of the characters has high nature lore.

thanks for responding quickly.
Apprentice
Member # 5048
Profile #14
It brings up an empty shop window.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
Oh, you haven't got the symbol in the NW yet? Okay, you need to find some explosives around the southern part of the caves, head upstairs to the stone pillar and blow it up (prepare for a fight when you do this). You'll cause an earth tremor that breaks the wall in the NW of the caves, so you can access that area and get the symbol (prepare for another fight when you do this).

--------------------