Bahssikava Laser Puzzle 3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Bahssikava Laser Puzzle 3
Apprentice
Member # 5279
Profile #0
I am stuck on the Third Laser Puzzle in Bahssikava's Machinery level. The first two I Breezed through on my own. The third one though I am stuck on. I have spent 8 HOURS on it with DOZENS of lever resets. I know how the Lazers interact but I still can't solve it. Also everything I can seem to find says the refer to the help file. But the problem is the help file gives coordinates. But As far As I know Windows has no way to do that.

--------------------
Gotta keep Dancin' the weasels have almost got me!!!!!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Hopefully by the "third" puzzle you mean the same thing as I mean by the "third" puzzle, the one in the northeast.

The way I dealt with it was was like this: bring in one character in combat mode; push the one available mirror to the southeast until it redirects the first beam immediately to the south; run over to the next mirror and push it one space southwest; then push that mirror farther and farther west until it is up against the projector; grab the mirrors from the room in the southwest corner; and set those up to redirect the first beam into the source.

Boots reports that you can use the lever in the room in the far southeast to turn on a beam that goes into the northwest corner of this puzzle and redirect that beam using mirrors to power the source, also. I haven't checked this, but I think it's possible.

[ Sunday, February 27, 2005 18:16: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #2
I found the best way to deal with all 3 puzzles was to enter combat mode. That way you have 4 hands instead of one. If one char gets trapped behind a laser by exiting combat mode they usually come to the correct side of the laser. They really weren't all that hard. Though the sound effect when all were powered slowed the game considerably.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #3
The button you press to enter combat mode changes its pic to show the four members of your party. The active member is being pointed out by a little bluish spot. Press that button again and the active member will be the only one that's moving around. Press the shield to stop that member's moving and choose another one to move around and help.
That way you can get all the party to support you when one member pushes a mirror to a space where s/he can't reach it any more.
As long as your leading character is in a safe place - safe from damaging beams - you can always get the party out of trouble by ending combat mode.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by VCH:
Though the sound effect when all were powered slowed the game considerably.
I tried to get rid of all of these and thought I had. Where did you experience this? Which sources were at fault?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Written by Kelandon: I tried to get rid of all of these and thought I had. Where did you experience this? Which sources were at fault?

Hmm its been a while since I played it. But Im pretty sure it was the source just right of the initial hallway with the alternating beam. I did the puzzles in an odd order though finishing the third then first then second, according to your walkthrough any way. After completing the puzzle on the right of the first hallway the game really slowed down. Not so much the whole dungeon level, but more the hallway directly leading up to the three un-powered doors. Once my party moved away from that area the game resumed normal speed. I am sure now that the afore mentioned source was to blame for slow downs in that specific hallway. I remember checking the un-powered doors after finishing all the other puzzles, and I noticed no slow down. So yeah the first source to the right of the alternating beam, or directly in front of it I guess you could say. Hope this helps. Respek..

[ Sunday, February 27, 2005 19:54: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
Ah, I see the problem. A memory cell is set wrong on both outside sources that require power (for the doors to the first and second puzzle).

Easy enough to fix.

EDIT: By the way, if anyone figures out a way to get Windows to spit out coordinates or finds other excessive power-up zaps occuring (one every turn while you're near a source), let me know.

[ Sunday, February 27, 2005 20:11: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------