Help with Scenario Design!!!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Help with Scenario Design!!!!
Apprentice
Member # 5279
Profile #0
First of all My problem is not I repeat IS NOT a lack of programming skills. I've been a computer programer for over 15 years now. It's the Documentation. It's not organized in a way I can find anything in it. It would be EXTEMELY helpful if I had some doc's meant for first timers.

For Example. I can't find where it says how to give the pary multiple responses to a question. Also I thought I had followed the instructions for making a scenario exit. I had made two. One on the outdoor map and one though a hidden teleporter. Yet NEITHER one worked. F.Y.I. in a fit of MAJOR frustration I dumped my work and started over again from scratch.

P.S. Did I just miss the link to 3D editor for WINDOWS or are they for MAC only. It would be EVER SO MUch faster if it was done in 3D.

--------------------
Gotta keep Dancin' the weasels have almost got me!!!!!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by dgoodrich:

I can't find where it says how to give the pary multiple responses to a question.
There may be a misunderstanding of BoA terminology going on here; a question is the party's response. The response to a question is the response of the NPC you're talking to. Look at the dialogue scripts of existing scenario to see how it's done.

quote:
Also I thought I had followed the instructions for making a scenario exit.
Can you call scripts? Can you make a simple dialog box? I am asking to determine whether your problem lies specifically in the call you're using or is something more basic.

quote:
P.S. Did I just miss the link to 3D editor for WINDOWS or are they for MAC only. It would be EVER SO MUch faster if it was done in 3D.
Mac only. And keep in mind they're not supported by Jeff Vogel (although in a year or two the standard editor won't be supported either.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 4710
Profile #2
Currently, Isaac's 3D editor is only available for Mac, since he wrote it for Mac, yet there are people who have been working on, though no one as yet has (as far as I know) translated any large portion or the editor.

--------------------
Life is short. Use a Mac.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
A few things. Any specific scripting questions can be directed at us, the community, and we're pretty good at handling them if you provide us with a fair amount of information (do you get error messages, what do they say exactly, what is the line of code to which they refer, etc).

Also, I wrote an article that, er, I never bothered to get posted on the SW web site, but I suppose I should. I'll upload it to my site momentarily. At any rate, it's sort of a basic introduction slightly beyond what's offered in the docs. I have a cut scene how-to article on my site already.

(EDIT: The article is up.)

A few people have made scripting utilities. Arenax made a dialogue script utility for PCs, AvDialogue. Khoth made a cross-platform script-checking utility, Alint. There were a few utilities for custom objects scripts floating around, none of which were particularly good. Those can all be helpful in learning.

And if you're talking about dialog boxes, not dialogue, then the call to give the player extra choices is add_dialog_choice. It's listed under Basic Dialogue Box Calls.

[ Thursday, December 09, 2004 16:40: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5279
Profile #4
Thanks Kelandon your article should be most helpful. Oh and in response to Yaoi Gagarin I got no error messages nothing happened with the exit's

--------------------
Gotta keep Dancin' the weasels have almost got me!!!!!