Save this forum!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Save this forum!
BANNED
Member # 6655
Profile #75
Thuryl with his picture? Isn't that him? I wish we could all look like that :)
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #76
Originally written by Snafta:
[quote]EDIT: I hope it's Thuryl with his picture, that thing is so funny[/quote]I hope it's not. That thing is so gross, and an insult to Sailor Moon, I should add (though I never liked her character too much, so I guess it's all good). As per Ash's Level, which one was it? I didn't even know he made a level. Although if he claims it was the hardest then I probably got a good idea on which one is it. It would be good to know for sure though.

Edit: DONE

[ Sunday, January 29, 2006 07:51: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
BANNED
Member # 6655
Profile #77
Yuck, Marlenny your right. That picture is gross. I thought we were talking about Thuryl's photo of himself. Not that ugly thing :(
Its a shame there's not a Graemlin available to show disgust, or else I would've used it.

EDIT: Thanks Marlenny!

[ Sunday, January 29, 2006 07:57: Message edited by: Commander Edward ]
BANNED
Member # 6655
Profile #78
Opps, my stupid computer just made me double post. Sorry.
Can a moderator please delete this as soon as possible, as I don't want to waste up space in this forum.
Thanks,
-commander Edward

[ Sunday, January 29, 2006 07:58: Message edited by: Commander Edward ]
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #79
quote:
Originally written by Commander Edward:

Opps, my stupid computer just made me double post. Sorry.
Can a moderator please delete this as soon as possible, as I don't want to waste up space in this forum.
Thanks,
-commander Edward

You have more chance that they delete this entire forum, including your double post :P .

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #80
Thuryl, you weren't alluding that you would've locked the topic there if you were a mod, were you? :( :P

--------------------
-ben4808
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #81
Apart from the fact that we are going off-topic, there seems to be no reason to lock it yet.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #82
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Wait, this is actually intriguing. What was so incredibly hard about that level? Was it actually possible? I mean, depending on what you do, it can be no achievement at all to make something very difficult.
The level is called Cell Block. I think it's in the 2003 contest pack. It is a block of 25 very small puzzles. Every one of these very small puzzles is murderously difficult, but feels like it shouldn't be, because there are only a very small number of things involved in each challenge.

I suppose you're right, in that I or anyone else could easily make a harder level (just take Cell Block and take out all the save disks out and stick a tight time limit on it for a start). I suppose it's the difference between the water torture and just laying into someone with a hammer.

One of the things I love about Cell Block is that you can watch the solution all you want, you'll still never beat it. There's 25 different puzzles, you'll never remember how to beat them all. Heck, if anyone could get through even 5 of the puzzles, and that's with the solution, I would be impressed. Without it, well, good luck even getting through the first one.

Cell Block isn't really there to be played. It's there to be tried a few times, and then left as an unsurmountable monolith casting a shadow over you. :P

Marlenny: I've made quite a few levels. As "The Creator" myself and my brother made a bunch of BoE scenarios and got into SubTerra as well for a while. Some levels were made by me, some by him, and many were done by both. We won the first 2 contests and haven't participated in any since then. I'd say my/our best one, in terms of fun as opposed to sheer bloodymindedness, is probably Strata.

[ Sunday, January 29, 2006 14:32: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Apprentice
Member # 6693
Profile #83
Great picture, Thuryl. :D Try showing the burger king in a tutu next time, eh? ;)

--------------------
I'm an avid gamer and proud of it!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #84
I never played Cell Block, or remember playing it. However, something tells me that maybe not ever playing it is not such a bad thing.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #85
That would be me. :P

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #86
Well, but then you have to realize that some Intuitive people are masochis
90ß8iölm Hey!

Phew! That was close!

EDIT: I thought about double-posting to explain this post, since that would be safer, but things seem to have settled down for the moment, and if I creep up here carefully I can kind of survey the damage. It's appalling.

Just as I was posting a response to a wonderfully insightful series of thoughts, an enormous crevice opened between the posts. I only escaped by frantically putting spoiler space between me and the approaching edge. Ash's post from a couple days ago, and mine, seem to be the closest survivors.

At least three great posts plummeted into the void as I watched, helpless. One of them -- I think it was Aran's -- tried to claw its way out by shoving down some worthless spam, but then they all fell.

I've just scrolled up to the top of this post, and peeked over. It's so far down I can't really make anything out, but I think I see an em-dash caught on a clump of undisplayable vowels. Folks, those posts aren't going to be recoverable.

I knew the risks, and I really shouldn't have come back here. Wow, will I know better next time. These kinds of things shake you up, when they happen up close.

This forum is dangerously unstable. Post at your own risk!

[ Wednesday, February 01, 2006 00:21: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #87
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

Whoever has the last post, I can still claim the honour of having made the single hardest Subterra level ever.

In fact, it's probably the single hardest level ever made for any game ever. :P

Was that the one with a herd of seekers chasing the player? (The one whose beta report was called "Creator's Levels of Torture" :) )

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #88
That crappy thing I did before I was registered? Heck no. Cell Block is way, way harder.

--------------------
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #89
I guess I somehow missed page 4 of this thread, so disregard my previous post.

I haven't played Cell Blocks, because I no longer had the computer that had SubTerra on it by the time 2003 levels were released. I'll take a look at it if I download the game again.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.

Pages