how to git into the temple in spirit city

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: how to git into the temple in spirit city
Apprentice
Member # 5293
Profile Homepage #0
i have a question how do you git into temple in the spirit city ? do you need something a special item or something
?

EDIT: PLEASE DON'T DO THAT.

[ Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:41: Message edited by: Schrodinger ]

--------------------
dragons are strong i am strongerHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/
_ _ _ _ _______________________ _ _ _ _
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #1
Ok. You asked a question. We get it. One question mark is plenty.

*Sigh* Alrighty for those of you who would rather figure this out on your own, don't read the rest of this post. Keep in mind that the temple is a bit of an easter egg in the sense that you don't have to get inside to beat the game. It also does not get you any special items or anything like that. However, get inside and you learn something shocking.

Alrighty. If you've made it to spirit city, you have undoubtabley come across those stone pilons where there is a spot worn smooth, and you can touch it and then you get the stinging sensation, or feel nothing special. In order to enter the temple, you have to touch these pilons in a certain order. This order is(these are the areas that the piloms are in):
Drayk's vale, Ancient Crypt, Diarazad, Junkyard, Dry Wastes, Western Wastes, Valley of the Wind, and then the one right outside the temple. If done correctly, the temple pilon won't cover you in acid, and you'll be able to get inside the temple without getting hurt.

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Apprentice
Member # 5293
Profile Homepage #2
thank you :D

--------------------
dragons are strong i am strongerHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/
_ _ _ _ _______________________ _ _ _ _
Apprentice
Member # 5899
Profile #3
--Yes "THANK YOU"

quote:
Ok. You asked a question. We get it. One question mark is plenty.

*Sigh*
??? I hardly think more than one question mark deems it obsessive. Were you just tired of answering questions that day? Isn't that why we're here? I sure hope you feel better now - months later! :)

--------------------
I want to stop. Stop playing games, live your live, step away from the computer and go outside. I just can't help myself.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #4
There must've been dozens of question marks, not just a few. Otherwise a mod wouldn't have edited it.

And now stop reviving dead topics unless you have something REALLY relevant to say.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #5
Question: What is that shocking thing that you learn once you get inside the temple in spirit city?

I never got in while playing Geneforge, and I'm too lazy to go back and find out
Warrior
Member # 5167
Profile #6
Do you REALLY want to know it?
If you do, all your existence will be devastated...
Well, more your mind than your existence...

--------------------
Finished Sub2 levels:
Shop"keep"er
Machinery Complex
Machinery Complex2
Machinery Complex3
Machinery Complex4
Munchkin City
In progress:
None
Abandonned:
T.E.L.E.P.O.R.T
Sub-Way
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #7
Yes I do, I think I'm ready to take such a high risk.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #8
**Possible SPOILER Ahead**

If I remember correctly, the basic idea is that there were people on Sulica Island before Shapers got there (like Native Americans) and those people could use magic. These people are responsible for the ruins that you find in various places.

This looks unticlimatic as a one sentence summary, but is a lot more impressive as several screens of information given to you in the game atmosphere as a reward for solving a hard puzzle.

[ Tuesday, June 14, 2005 13:42: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #9
can you get in by using exitzone?
I really wanna read the whole thing, but i would have to install and play the game all over again.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #10
No, exitzone won't help because the temple is a building, not an area.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #11
I lost my registration a few hard drive crashes ago, but I can probably find the info in dialogue scripts. I guess I'll try this when I get home this evening.

--------------------
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

I lost my registration a few hard drive crashes ago, but I can probably find the info in dialogue scripts. I guess I'll try this when I get home this evening.
Aw, thank you so much. I would really appreciate it.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #13
I just reread that secret in the script files and I have to say "wow!".

It turns out I was wrong about that secret. When I originally played Geneforge, the secret was simply a very nice piece of information. However, rereading it now, after seeing the story of Geneforge 2 and beginning of Geneforge 3, I see a whole new meaning for that text.

Here it is. (*Spoiler Warning!*) http://www.geocities.com/zeviz1/Geneforge_secret.html

[ Tuesday, June 14, 2005 19:30: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

I just reread that secret in the script files and I have to say "wow!".

It turns out I was wrong about that secret. When I originally played Geneforge, the secret was simply a very nice piece of information. However, rereading it now, after seeing the story of Geneforge 2 and beginning of Geneforge 3, I see a whole new meaning for that text.

Here it is. (*Spoiler Warning!*) http://www.geocities.com/zeviz1/Geneforge_secret.html

wow, thanks so much, I won't feel left out anymore when people talk about the topic. It was a very nice piece of information.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #15
Yeah that's sweet. :)

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Apprentice
Member # 5629
Profile #16
Hey, If I've already pressed some of the pylons but in the wrong order can I start over and still be able to get in the temple unharmed? I will probably find out later today or maby this week as I haven't cleared all the areas you said that have the pylons I have to touch, but please tell me anyway so as not to waste any time.

Not that I have anything better to do... :)
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #17
Yes, you can start over from the first pylon. You will know you have gone to them in the correct order when nothing happens when you touch them.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6232
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Learned Noremac:

In order to enter the temple, you have to touch these pilons in a certain order. This order is(these are the areas that the piloms are in):
Drayk's vale, Ancient Crypt, Diarazad, Junkyard, Dry Wastes, Western Wastes, Valley of the Wind, and then the one right outside the temple.

Wait, did you say Junkyard? :=S
The only pillar at the junkyard is the one in a secluded cave to the west, and it's not of the touchable type, so... is there a pillar i didn't find?

--------------------
Q: What happens if i cast Domination on a Submission Vlish or Submission Turret?

A: It's not THAT kind of game, you tentacled pervert!